Author Topic: Is this the right forum for site problems?....  (Read 6116 times)

Offline GTi-Matt

• I live here
Re: Is this the right forum for site problems?....
« Reply #10 on: 15 April 2008, 17:29 »
i wouldnt mind paying a yearly subscription fee or something for this site

as said above the amount of hassle this site has helped me with :afro: and if it hadnt had been for this site i think we'd all be back at the main dealers everytime filling there pockets with cash
I must warn you I'm about as decisive as a 5 yr old in a sweet shop!!  :grin:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #11 on: 15 April 2008, 20:41 »
Just make it donations - cos they dont do t shirts big enuff for me to restart the assoicate thing  :grin:

serious though jv - cash here if u want it - be is assoicate or just a cash do :wink:

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
  • MMMMMMM Rust my favourite
« Reply #12 on: 16 April 2008, 00:57 »
Passion ford run a similar scheme "gold membership"

to be fair that place is MASSIVE with huge amounts of traffic , but you still ocassionally get the od
"why are we paying for gold memebership" "what does our money go towards" kind of threads

this place seems more "family" so maybe a contribution donation sceme would be better , or as is now you wanna help out , instead of buyin 1 set of stickers buy 2 - put some in your office

In fact - £10 to whoever gets at golfgti.co.uk sticker in the most obscure place

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #13 on: 16 April 2008, 07:32 »
In fact - £10 to whoever gets at golfgti.co.uk sticker in the most obscure place

....So next time I do a 'moony' on the Pod strip, I'll stick one on my arse! :evil:
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 16 April 2008, 08:29 »
Haha, thanks for all the comments. It's not as simple as chucking some money at the problem. Still working with the hosting company to work out what is best. Some changes were made last night so we shall see...

FYI a set of stickers makes about a pound for the site which probably just about covers the ones that are given away free at shows :tongue:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #15 on: 16 April 2008, 08:43 »
Charge more for the stickers then!

Or get around to getting some new T shirts! :rolleyes:

:wink: :laugh:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

TeddyKGB

« Reply #16 on: 16 April 2008, 16:28 »
ive seen on some communities a "donate" box (usually done via paypal) and it's totally voluntary and you can do it how often or little as you like. Those who like to remain anon can do so also! :laugh:

TBH you should make that golfclocker bloke stump up more money :laugh: Maybe he can knock some mileage off golfgtiforum.co.uk and make it run like new again :laugh:

Dinky

« Reply #17 on: 17 April 2008, 18:23 »
And those that complain will probs be the fcukers that don't contribute...  :rolleyes:
btw John can I have a free tax disc holder.. :tongue:

Dinx :kiss:

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 17 April 2008, 18:40 »
None of the merchandise makes anything much, it just offsets the free stuff!! Don't really intend it to, just a bit of fun to show you 'belong' :grin:

Len - order in batch of say 30 polo shirts to make the price ok, say it costs 300 quid. Have them sit at my place for maybe 18 months until they all sell. Make perhaps 2 quid a top after p+p, net result 60 quid in the site fund - 1 whole month of hosting paid for. Doesn't really work does it?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 17 April 2008, 18:51 »
I know it has been talked about before, but the calendar could potentially be a worthwhile money maker  :huh: