Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 244582 times)

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #470 on: 23 April 2019, 11:23 »
Good to see the forum back up and running :)

Lots of nice comments about this board and how rubbish it would be if this board did somehow demise on the VWROC community who only have a different flavour of the Golf and so appreciate the GTI quite a bit also.

Also be a shame for me also, as be rejoining the flock sometime in October as just ordered a Pure Grey, Reifnitz, 90% Tint TCR

The heritage lure was too much to resist having always wanted a GTI but always sidestepping it for something else, and it really was a now or never given the TCR package.

I am actually finding myself enjoying the R more now put the order in the for the TCR, so the wait is hardly going to be a difficult one as obviously there is lots to keep me happy driving the R about - My lease company let you choose early to offset delivery time issues so my change is actually in October, so its a decent wait, and I will just have to spend it seeing how you early adopters are finding the experience which think starts with you as seen nobody else state receiving one.

Depending on experience, this one might be a keeper that finds its way to second car given its a lifted run out model - we shall see.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #471 on: 23 April 2019, 13:03 »

Lots of nice comments about this board and how rubbish it would be if this board did somehow demise on the VWROC community who only have a different flavour of the Golf and so appreciate the GTI quite a bit also.

Also be a shame for me also, as be rejoining the flock sometime in October as just ordered a Pure Grey, Reifnitz, 90% Tint TCR

The heritage lure was too much to resist having always wanted a GTI but always sidestepping it for something else, and it really was a now or never given the TCR package.

Excellent. I'm also pleased to see the forum returned. Some forums are just not worth the time and this one is.

Well, sounds like we have a similar spec so happy to share impressions which should only be a few weeks away.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #472 on: 23 April 2019, 13:30 »

Excellent. I'm also pleased to see the forum returned. Some forums are just not worth the time and this one is.

Well, sounds like we have a similar spec so happy to share impressions which should only be a few weeks away.

The climate screen was the other add, - Of course there was even more options to have gone for, but given the standard specification that pretty loaded and more than enough for me.

The R lost one of its signatures when the dual DRL were rolled out across the MK 7.5 range and that was a shame, as think cars like these deserve some signature recognition and though briefly toyed with the pure white and standard wheels felt the car deserves its pure grey, reifnitz signature look.

Obviously going to be very interested in how you find yours - do expect some comments to traction and even ride as set up is a little firmer, not so much negatively, but just to existence, but will be surprised if you not loving everything else.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2019, 13:33 by Hertsman »
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #473 on: 23 April 2019, 19:46 »
There’s a nearly new one on autotrader already for £29.6k.

Fishing expedition I bet. Call and I'm sure you'll get 'We just sold that one but...' See the ads says 227bhp, probably why it's cheaper!  :grin:

Mine is in the UK now according to the dealer. Just got to get it through PDI and my detailer.

Think the company is pretty legitimate to be honest. I very nearly bought a gti a few years ago from them. The offer was quick and in writing with a list showing what stock they had. Might be a viable alternative for someone.

The tcr at barnetts has made a Twitter appearance. Looks brilliant.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #474 on: 24 April 2019, 00:08 »

Fishing expedition I bet. Call and I'm sure you'll get 'We just sold that one but...' See the ads says 227bhp, probably why it's cheaper!  :grin:

Mine is in the UK now according to the dealer. Just got to get it through PDI and my detailer.

Think the company is pretty legitimate to be honest. I very nearly bought a gti a few years ago from them. The offer was quick and in writing with a list showing what stock they had. Might be a viable alternative for someone.

I stand corrected. When the ads are sloppy and riddled with errors, I tend to be suspicious. I tend to see them as an indicator of the level of attention to detail you're going to enjoy everywhere else in the process so if they're reputable and you know them, then it's a good deal for someone.

It looks like it has zero options and with 15% discount, seems about right. That's not deriding the standard spec which is excellent of course, I just think it's a gamble not having DCC if you've not driven the car on UK roads and I reckon that a few tick boxes will make a difference down the line i.e. launch paint, DCC.

The Barnetts car does look fantastic, I browsed their Facebook gallery the other day. Good to see a dealership posting decent pictures of the parts that distinguish it too.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #475 on: 25 April 2019, 16:55 »

I stand corrected. When the ads are sloppy and riddled with errors, I tend to be suspicious. I tend to see them as an indicator of the level of attention to detail you're going to enjoy everywhere else in the process so if they're reputable and you know them, then it's a good deal for someone.

It looks like it has zero options and with 15% discount, seems about right. That's not deriding the standard spec which is excellent of course, I just think it's a gamble not having DCC if you've not driven the car on UK roads and I reckon that a few tick boxes will make a difference down the line i.e. launch paint, DCC.

The Barnetts car does look fantastic, I browsed their Facebook gallery the other day. Good to see a dealership posting decent pictures of the parts that distinguish it too.

Thought you might like this, the flashy press release slide.

https://presspage-production-content.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/1397/golfgtitcrbooklet-874416.pdf?10000

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #476 on: 25 April 2019, 18:36 »
^^^Interesting, thanks for posting.  Nice to see each anniversary/edition model is pictured and mentioned.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #477 on: 25 April 2019, 23:16 »

Thought you might like this, the flashy press release slide.

https://presspage-production-content.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/1397/golfgtitcrbooklet-874416.pdf?10000

Nice, thanks for the share. Surprised they didn't have the MKV Pirelli Edition in there.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #478 on: 26 April 2019, 11:01 »
^^^ The Pirelli edition is mentioned in the Edition 30 write up.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #479 on: 26 April 2019, 11:30 »
Good e-brochure that for the TCR. Think it doesn't have the same exhaust though as shows what looks like darkened pipes of perhaps the optional Akrapovic system which was ditched. Looks really good though, especially in both red and grey. Must say, the interior really is a step up in terms of making it look far more special than the regular GTI.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey