Author Topic: Amateur error  (Read 1755 times)

Offline JamesGTI7

• Just got here
Amateur error
« on: 06 July 2020, 00:32 »
Hi,

I sold my MK5 in Feb, it was in great condition for the year. I took the plunge and bought a mk7. I wanted the pattern seats, manual and performance edition, normal dials no screen with low miles. I got everything except for the colour. It's black and not grey. Due to it being black I have to clean it every week.

Anyway I digress, the error was I bought it in the wet. I tried to check it over but it started raining while I was there. The guy had other people waiting to view so I went for it. It has so many marks on it its unbelievable. Then to make matters worse during lockdown someone hit the rear bumper. So I now have three marks that are not acceptable to me so need to get the rear bumper, front bumper and rear door resprayed. Just a warning to others never ever buy a car in the wet. I did think about getting rid of it.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Amateur error
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2020, 06:22 »
That's a shame, such an easy mistake to make in the excitement. Black is difficult to maintain and will show all the marks but once you get on top of it all it can be very rewarding too. Come and join in with the MK7 section - http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=117.0 where you can chat with fellow MK7 enthusiasts and find some love for your new car! Maybe the start has soured the experience a bit but they are a great car and once you've moved on I'm sure you'll appreciate it's depth of ability :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.