Author Topic: Obsessive Detail colour charged Clarity Wax - review  (Read 11999 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: Obsessive Detail colour charged Clarity Wax - review
« Reply #10 on: 23 March 2017, 22:22 »
So got in the car this morn to take my daughter to school and she noticed how big the beeding was on my panroof.

Going to be getting another coat on it in the next coming days as the weather looks like it's gonna be brighter. :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 23 March 2017, 22:37 »
So got in the car this morn to take my daughter to school and she noticed how big the beeding was on my panroof.

Going to be getting another coat on it in the next coming days as the weather looks like it's gonna be brighter. :cool:

Lol, I love it when kids comment on beading.....educated by detailing parents, lol.  My girl does the same, looks out the window and runs and tells me when there's nice beading on the car. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 23 March 2017, 23:28 »

Lol, I love it when kids comment on beading.....educated by detailing parents, lol.  My girl does the same, looks out the window and runs and tells me when there's nice beading on the car.

I won't let her wash it though no matter how much she asks but do let her dress the tyres. :laugh:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 24 March 2017, 21:14 »
Love the flake shots  :smiley: ... please post more  :evil:
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 24 March 2017, 22:49 »
Love the flake shots  :smiley: ... please post more  :evil:

If the sun ever stays out longer than two minutes, I will.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 26 March 2017, 23:38 »
Put another layer on today, evidence posted in the What Detailing have you done today thread.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 10 April 2017, 06:58 »
How is the OD wax holding up so far? I know it is only been a short while since you done it but just wondering. Also have you done the rest of your car yet(I'm guessing not)

I'm thinking of ordering this and getting the Detailer to use this instead of the Gyeon MOHS or Nanolex Si3d that he suggested using because it will give me something to do with the car other than just washing it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 10 April 2017, 07:49 »
How is the OD wax holding up so far? I know it is only been a short while since you done it but just wondering. Also have you done the rest of your car yet(I'm guessing not)

I'm thinking of ordering this and getting the Detailer to use this instead of the Gyeon MOHS or Nanolex Si3d that he suggested using because it will give me something to do with the car other than just washing it.

It seems to be holding up well, and in the tiny bit of rain we have had, it beaded well.  Washed the car yesterday and water repellency still very good.

I haven't done the rest of the car with it, as doing my spring detail soon so everything will be stripped with full decontamination and DA polish.  Will then re-wax.

It won't offer you the same extended protection as a nano coating though, but as you say, gives you the ability to do a bit more with the detailing.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 10 April 2017, 08:11 »

It seems to be holding up well, and in the tiny bit of rain we have had, it beaded well.  Washed the car yesterday and water repellency still very good.

I haven't done the rest of the car with it, as doing my spring detail soon so everything will be stripped with full decontamination and DA polish.  Will then re-wax.

It won't offer you the same extended protection as a nano coating though, but as you say, gives you the ability to do a bit more with the detailing.

Thanks, I will have a word with him and see if he would be okay with it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17