Author Topic: From Jap to Vag *27/11/13 car being returned to standard lots of parts for sale  (Read 61258 times)

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Cheers dude :cool:...

Howdo, Im Chris, im 19 and from the Norwich Area (Get in contact if your local would be cool to put names to faces) Currently working for JCB.
Some of you may know that Iv just switched scene's! This is my old ride a '99 Mitsubishi Colt 1.6 pretty kitted out
From this:

To this:

Anyway the dub... After a long time sieving through all the 'dogs' that came up this little beauty popped up and would of been rude not to buy it.
'03 GOLF GTI AUQ 1.8T 6speed 180bhp
80'k on the clocks with FSH from VW :cool:
18" MK5 R32 wheels
absolutely immaculate condition and bog standard
week prior to buying had 4 new tyres + clutch

:cool:

« Last Edit: 27 November 2013, 19:07 by Chris#101 »

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2012, 20:32 »
Update 23/11/11

Well Ive almost finished sourcing all the bits for R-tech to do there thing with :cool:

A few days after making orders from across the world, menacing things started turning up

A turbo back 3" (all the way) Stainless steel system

Turbo revs SMIC and Forge T.I.P

old vs new :sick:

An uprated recirv valve with three different spring ratings

Forge Actuator

Uprated silicone boost pipes

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2012, 20:33 »
Update 27/11/11

Well being a sunday it was time for the weekly bath. (unfortunaley I didnt get any pics before hand, although im sure it would offended the majority of you  :sick: the joys of being a country boy  :grin:)

Anyway heres the outcome

I recently purchased some cluster rings, so follwed a guide on the interwebb and got cracking
Granted there not to everyones taste but I think they look better than just a bare cluster

I was also sick of looking at the wooden trim and gear nob so aqquired some brushed ali vinyl and had fun wrapping them along with fitting my new gear nob and gaitor

these turned up last week and after alot of head scratching I soon realised you had to rip the old ones off with brute force  :grin:. Havent got around to fitting the rest pedal yet but I might just get a gti one off ebay

Well when everyone was saying how long it would take to change a tip admitedly I did laugh and think you were all crazy... Well you certainly proved me wrong, dont want to be changing that again anytime soon  :rolleyes:

and a quick pic of the uprated recirv valve

Ive had these a while but didnt have a project at the time so will add them now, my depos with a 10,000k xeon bulbs and 100w high beam :cool: (Not sure why they appear green but there deffinitely not  :grin:)

and lastly some White xenon numberplate bulbs

Next update will be next week  :laugh:

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2012, 20:33 »
Update 12.02.12

Well this is going to be a big update in one hit as I simply havent had enough time recently to do it as it happens  :cry:

Well following on from last time I had the 3" turbo back non res exhaust fitted :cool: At first I was a bit devious with the price-fitment but  :shocked: it fits like you would expect an oem part to fit and Im never one to say this but I would say its fairly underpriced for what you get. I must say it has free'd up a fair bit of power, the throttle response combined with the forge tip and exhaust is 10 times better and the noise it makes  :shocked: ....... wot sounds like a boxxer engine :grin: and even though its a 3" non res exhaust its suprisingly not that loud and I have learnt how to make it pop  :lipsrsealed:

Heat transfer on the down pipe  :tongue:

I also forgot how much stuff I had collected for my remap  :grin:

Well an egay induction kit came up fairly cheap because someone had bent the end of the ali section so I snapped that up and with a bit of heat and TLC I managed to get in sphericle again  :laugh:

Cold air feed anyone :cool:

A spare of the moment bargain came up so thought id buy it  :tongue:

Someone on here was selling a boost gauge so thought id get it so I can keep an eye on levels, its goes up to around 12psi then settles at a solid 10psi, is this about right for a standard auq 180!?

Also picked up a full set of bora vents and an arm rest so cracked on with fitting them  :cool:

Well It has been hideously cold In Norfolk   :shocked:
so as expected the gritting force have been going ott....  :lipsrsealed:

the aftermath :angry:

The outcome  :cool:

I purchased a forge map adaptor for my fmic so the pipework is currently with an ali welder getting murged into the system but im expecting that back next week so then I can fit that then thats me all ready for Rtech to do there thing with a custom stage 2 remap :cool:

all comments welcome :smiley:

cheers

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2012, 20:40 »
Looking good mate.. Im from north walsham, just down the road

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2012, 22:16 »
Looking good mate.. Im from north walsham, just down the road
Cheers  :cool: do you ever go out in Norwich?

seriously looking forward to my remap :grin:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2012, 23:50 »
Looks really nice :afro:

Standard boost on an AUQ is 7/8psi so yours may already been remaped

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2012, 23:58 »
Nice...
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2012, 12:33 »
Looks really nice :afro:

Standard boost on an AUQ is 7/8psi so yours may already been remaped

Orite that is interesting, not sure how accurate the boost gauge is mind you was only a cheap one  :lipsrsealed:

soon see when I get down to r-tech  :cool:

Offline andynorfolk

• Here all the time
  • if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
« Reply #9 on: 15 February 2012, 21:04 »
alright mate... i'm from attleborough, looks like a sweet ride you've got there!  :smiley: