Author Topic: The "Get Fielder On The Track" Thread  (Read 7724 times)

Offline GTI EDITION (aka LTD)

• I live here
Re: The "Get Fielder On The Track" Thread
« Reply #30 on: 19 August 2005, 21:41 »
^^but a mr veedub16v took his car for a drive along the verge to miss a cyclist riding the wrong way down a one way road, and consequently said hello to the sign post :undecided:

Dunno if he has posted pics or anything up

NOT GOOD  :sad:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=19378

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?

mix

« Reply #31 on: 19 August 2005, 22:19 »
nope

Offline TimMK28v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 19 September 2005, 16:39 »
I would run a Mk2 with around 3.5 degrees of neg front castor, but this is dependant on the wheel and tyre that you are running, something with a square shoulder for example: an Avon ACB10 would need to be stood up and little more at a round 1.5degrees.

Brakes wise I would definately suggest a harder pad, something like a Mintex1144 or even an 1155 if you really use them for trackdays. Disk wise, well you get what you pay for, personally I have never found a problem with running standard (ie non drilled disks) and trackday pads providing they are clear of the rim and if needs be are ducted.

Removing the interior is a good idea for trackdays as it puts less stress on the car (by reducing the weight), You'd certainly want to remove any sub boxes etc from the boot.

If you were running coilovers then it becomes slightly more complex as it begins to involve corner weights, but for the moment you are clear of that.
Tim - vera facienta somnia ab MCMXXCIII

Offline GTI EDITION (aka LTD)

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 19 September 2005, 16:44 »
I have wondered what handles better ,mk2 golf or mk2 jetta any opinions re stripped out trackday car ?  :undecided:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=19378

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?