Author Topic: Mk6 Gti apr k04 misfire! (Help)  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Gtimk6k04

• Just got here
Mk6 Gti apr k04 misfire! (Help)
« on: 22 June 2016, 02:59 »
Hi, I have a apr k04 kit on my 2009 golf mk6 Gti, I am also running apr software v3.1 98oct with 99oct fuel. I have the 3bar map sensor a 3" decat r8 coil packs ,induction kit and updated ngk plugs. The problem I'm having is misfires at high rpm in high gears 4th 5th 6t, On occasion the misfire doesn't go alway and the car will begging to misfire on idle. The first time this happened the codes that came up on vcds were cylinder 4 misfire detected and 0.3bar oil pressure switch. I decided to inspect the spark plugs and found that the tip of the 4th spark plug was black! And smelt like petrol. I cleaned and replaced the plug and the car stopped misfiring for a few hundred miles and then the same thing happened again. This has now happend 4 times and I really need help getting to the source of this problem. I am also having problems with my temp gauge fluctuating between 0 and 90c even when the engine is fully warm and been running for over a hour. Iv changed both temp sensors and the thermostat and the problem is still the same. :undecided:

I also have vagcom so if it helps I can take logs and upload them. 

I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks. 
« Last Edit: 22 June 2016, 03:07 by Gtimk6k04 »

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
Re: Mk6 Gti apr k04 misfire! (Help)
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2016, 12:23 »
Are you using cooler range plugs?

the 0-90 degree c will be the thermostat, its unlikely to be anything else, worth taking the old/new one out and checking it in some hot water.
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline Gtimk6k04

• Just got here
Re: Mk6 Gti apr k04 misfire! (Help)
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2016, 12:09 »
Are you using cooler range plugs?

the 0-90 degree c will be the thermostat, its unlikely to be anything else, worth taking the old/new one out and checking it in some hot water.

Hi. The thermostat was tested before it was installed and I'm using NGK BKR8EIX plugs. I'm getting my new injector fitted today il keep you posted.