Author Topic: Brake drying  (Read 6557 times)

Offline Stbb748

• Just got here
Brake drying
« on: 09 June 2019, 18:40 »
Been playing with odb11 and found option of brake drying. My audi has this and when raining and wipers are on the pads keep wiping disks every few mins keeping the warm and dry so when you need them in hurry they bite instantly. My old passat had this as std. Will this not already be active on mk7 gti?

Offline Will2018

• Not said much yet
Re: Brake drying
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2019, 19:39 »
I believe it's been active on all Golfs since its introduction on the MK5.

Offline martin998877

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2019, 20:28 »
can anyone confirm if the auto brake drying system is active on the GTi mark 7?

or does it have to be activated with obdeleven?

Thanks
Golf GTi Mark 7 owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2019, 22:12 »
It's a standard feature on the mk7 GTi so no need to do anything with obd11
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2019, 22:22 »

Thank god this is standard, I've been worrying about this for years in case I need to stop when its raining.....

Said no one ever!

:grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2019, 23:21 »

Thank god this is standard, I've been worrying about this for years in case I need to stop when its raining.....

Noted. Strong new member of the GTI sarcasm dept.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2019, 00:12 »
I wish they’d invent something so that after you’ve washed your car and put it in the garage, the brakes don’t seize on. Several times I’ve Tried to reverse out a few days later only to not move, then suddenly after a loud clonk everything frees up. In sure I knackered the rear pads on the A3 the same way, fortunately replaced under warranty. It’s even worse if there’s an overnight frost. If my car has wet wheels I tend to just leave it in P and not apply the parking brake anymore. 
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 25 September 2019, 06:46 »

Said no one ever!

:grin:  :grin:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 25 September 2019, 06:47 »
I wish they’d invent something so that after you’ve washed your car and put it in the garage, the brakes don’t seize on. Several times I’ve Tried to reverse out a few days later only to not move, then suddenly after a loud clonk everything frees up. In sure I knackered the rear pads on the A3 the same way, fortunately replaced under warranty. It’s even worse if there’s an overnight frost. If my car has wet wheels I tend to just leave it in P and not apply the parking brake anymore.
I always take mine for a quick drive after washing and then dry all the drips when I get back  :grin:

Offline martin998877

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 25 September 2019, 07:21 »

Said no one ever!

Yes, I'm sure the German engineers (brake drying being a function of higher performance BMW and Merc cars too) are just crazy idiots who have nothing better to do than put wasteful and useless systems on cars... Along with all the other brake related rubbish such as frontal braking anticipation, boost and assist systems. Oh, and ABS too. 

Or maybe there is an advantage in having brakes drying themselves when they are wet?  Ready for sudden use? 
Golf GTi Mark 7 owner