Author Topic: Why is leasing so hard? Any recommendations please?  (Read 4165 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: Why is leasing so hard? Any recommendations please?
« Reply #20 on: 04 June 2019, 17:53 »
I really wanted the GTI but I have reconciled myself to the fact it is the R, or the Cupra.
IMO - With the Cupra you'll be left with a compromise, and you'll probably spend two years regretting not getting the one you wanted. The R is a good car, but it's a bit sterile, and will cost you more.

Here's a few 24mth 5Dr DSG deals with the status of "In Stock". You've probably tried but thought I'd post them up anyway, just incase you hadn't seen them...

https://www.carsave.co.uk/

https://www.lvcontracts.co.uk/

No joy with the contact I gave you at Inchcape?  :smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 04 June 2019, 18:06 »
The Cupra Lux gives you leather interior (why do people not research these things before potentially buying). The Cupra is lighter and has the e-diff so should be quicker and more agile on the move than an R. By all accounts the front tyres don't last long  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline trueblue_ips

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 04 June 2019, 18:28 »
I have tried that one @kmpowell. They only have 3 dr DGSs left unfortunately.
Have tried your contact but he is on a training course this week and not contactable until the weekend, will give him in a call then in a last ditch attempt.
Probably go for the R now though. At the end of the day, I think it's the closest I'll get to a GTI that is affordable and available. Not a bad car to settle on either  :smiley:

Offline trueblue_ips

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 04 June 2019, 18:36 »
If the R had the camera and not keyless, I would have said jump on it.

I bet a manual GTI would be wicked fun.

Praying you find something as I'd like to see another Town fan in a GTI! ;)

Hopefully a better season this year @sjw.

Is keyless really that much of a worry on a lease? I just like the idea of starting the car with a button.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 04 June 2019, 19:40 »
Is keyless really that much of a worry on a lease?
Keyless isn't a worry at all, it can be disabled on the 7.5 by the driver.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 05 June 2019, 09:59 »
If the R had the camera and not keyless, I would have said jump on it.

I bet a manual GTI would be wicked fun.

Praying you find something as I'd like to see another Town fan in a GTI! ;)

Hopefully a better season this year @sjw.

Is keyless really that much of a worry on a lease? I just like the idea of starting the car with a button.

I would go camera and keyless rather than sacrifice the camera to avoid the keyless. I love my camera! The car would be alright to park without it but with the camera makes it a cinch. I wouldn't want a car without it now.

I originally wanted keyless but I don't regret not having it, the OH's Merc drives me up the wall!