Author Topic: Good deal on diskloks at the moment!  (Read 2939 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: Good deal on diskloks at the moment!
« Reply #10 on: 04 June 2019, 11:28 »
Anybody else who ordered actually received theirs?

I rang ECP today as I've not received it or even had a dispatch email, and apparently it's "Out of stock", but it will be fulfilled when they are back in stock. I pointed out that when I ordered it was showing as In Stock, but that fell on deaf ears.

Glad I've got my old one to tide me over.  :whistle:

I just called them before to have the exact conversation. As you say it was in stock on the website. Very disappointed to not have recieved an email or text explaining the situation.

Receive this 'holding' email, shortly after my call to them saying I hadn't been notified...

:rolleyes:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 04 June 2019, 18:08 »
Can't really see the point in having a bin lid rattling around in the car while driving, most cars have enough rattles without adding to them. Just to say I live in Durham where car theft is virtually non existent compared to somewhere like Birmingham 🤷‍♂️
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 04 June 2019, 21:38 »
I always wondered the story with these. I leave my car unlocked with the keys in the ignition. Guess that’s just a pro of living in rural Ireland !
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 04 June 2019, 22:34 »
I always wondered the story with these. I leave my car unlocked with the keys in the ignition. Guess that’s just a pro of living in rural Ireland !
  :grin: :grin: :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 11 June 2019, 13:03 »
The Disklok finally arrived this morning, and on first inspection it looked pretty much identical to my old Disklok (which I bought circa 2002), but after closer inspection it's interesting to see the subtle differences between the two and where they have changed things presumably for security/weakness improvement.

I won't list the changes on here (for obvious reasons), but the biggest difference is the new one closes/locks on the smallest gap 3, where as the old one closed/locked on gap 2, this means the new one is snugger and some of the natural openings are also covered up.

If you have an old Disklok, then this is seemingly worth the upgrade.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 11 June 2019, 17:04 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Online Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 11 June 2019, 17:00 »
Can't really see the point in having a bin lid rattling around in the car while driving, most cars have enough rattles without adding to them. Just to say I live in Durham where car theft is virtually non existent compared to somewhere like Birmingham 🤷‍♂️

Lucky you, Disklock purchased before GTI arrived (thanks to this site for confirming correct size with DSG Paddles). Had one on Discovery for a few years, great bit of kit. If stowed correctly in the bag, no rattles
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Phuture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 12 June 2019, 08:57 »
The Disklok finally arrived this morning, and on first inspection it looked pretty much identical to my old Disklok (which I bought circa 2002), but after closer inspection it's interesting to see the subtle differences between the two and where they have changed things presumably for security/weakness improvement.

I won't list the changes on here (for obvious reasons), but the biggest difference is the new one closes/locks on the smallest gap 3, where as the old one closed/locked on gap 2, this means the new one is snugger and some of the natural openings are also covered up.

If you have an old Disklok, then this is seemingly worth the upgrade.  :smiley:

Nice one mate, glad you got it in the end!