Author Topic: Europe question?  (Read 2952 times)

Offline sjw

• I live here
Re: Europe question?
« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2019, 10:41 »
Yes the lights can be adjusted.

If you have a Mk7.5 though two things you will discover:

1) The ACC anti-undertake system doesn't swap sides.

2) You cannot configure the main speedo dial to show km/h, you have to use one of the sub displays which will show it after you change the units in the car setup menu. All of your sat nav then also becomes km's too...

And also, remember that speed camera detection systems (including waypoints/warnings on nav systems) are illegal in France.

Lastly, be aware that in a lot of countries (except Germany) your car will be seen as flashy and everyone will want to race you... including little old ladies in clapped out Clios.

I find it fascinating that they don't change the speedo to km/h on the AID - it would be so easy to do!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2019, 14:54 »
I think its something to do with UK construction and use rules...

You have to have a speedo showing mph - at all times.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2019, 18:54 »
If you change your units to show km, does this change your mileage display to km, and fuel consumption to litres/100km too?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2019, 10:46 »
If you change your units to show km, does this change your mileage display to km, and fuel consumption to litres/100km too?

Yes it does, well, if you leave the fuel units as gallons, you get km/g. It changes everything everything.... except the speedo.

Try it, it takes 2 seconds...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2019, 13:47 »
Use vcds to choose alternative display and then you can get km/h.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 24 May 2019, 13:50 »

Yes it does, well, if you leave the fuel units as gallons, you get km/g. It changes everything everything.... except the speedo.

Try it, it takes 2 seconds...

I can't. My 7 is long gone.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline GTI2016

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 26 May 2019, 19:44 »
I'd recommend getting a Sanef Toll thing: https://www.emovis-tag.co.uk so you can bomb through without stopping.