Author Topic: toofunkyhouse - mk1 gti  (Read 25886 times)

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
Re: toofunkyhouse - mk1 gti
« Reply #20 on: 12 June 2007, 15:00 »
right, car is booked in to my local body shop (cheap and cheerful) he is going to smooth and respray the tailgate but leave the lock on, also i am having the passenger door resprayed as tin worm is comming through and also having the ding in the passenger wing sorted! says he will do it all for £250 which i dont think is too bad!  :undecided: will post some pics once i get it back!  :smiley:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 21 June 2007, 20:43 »
here is the new look tailgate! no more rust! joy!  :smiley: will get pics of the other work when i get round to it! starter motor is next on the list, job for the weekend!

BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 14 August 2007, 15:03 »
well the car has been going fine, had a new clutch fitted so all is well there! speedo has stopped working but the cable is only 20 quid so will get round to that soon! looking at selling the car but had no interest so might keep her a bit longer!  :tongue:  :grin:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 09 September 2007, 23:13 »
well keeping the car now! lol  :rolleyes: need to sort the gear box and a new speedo cable!  :smiley:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 15 September 2007, 13:33 »
right, been a bit slow on the updates - bought some 8 quid chrome trip from chav-fords! looks really good tbh! makes the car a bit more 'mk1' if you know what i mean?  :undecided:

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #25 on: 15 September 2007, 16:00 »
how good is your aero wiper? im thinking of getting them for the cab?!

i heard they dont fit well on mk1 windscreen - cant understand how something to do with shape of glass or something. obv mine is slightly different as i've not got single wiper!

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 15 September 2007, 17:01 »
its really good han tbh!  :smiley:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 18 September 2007, 15:03 »
right been messing about with the rear lights, gone for all red!  :smiley:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 21 September 2007, 14:25 »
right bit of an update! thomo320 aka big paul came down with a replacement box,  alternator and starter for the old gal! All went pritty well until it came to putting the drive shafts back on, at which point we found out that the shafts on my car are 100m and the new box takes the 90mm type! so have had to leave it until we sort out the right drive shafts but after that all should be well again! well for a few days anyway!   :rolleyes: :tongue:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 03 October 2007, 07:27 »
right while the car is off the road! (trying to track down the dash fault! i have got my head round the wiring diagram so going to have a good look at it all today!  :wink:)
Bought a few more odds and sods - new lower strut brace

And a new seat!! Joe is sorting a drivers seat for me! whoop whoop! just need to sell the leather now and find a rear bench!  :grin: