Author Topic: 1st MK1 Golf GTI  (Read 41568 times)

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: 1st MK1 Golf GTI
« Reply #20 on: 05 March 2012, 00:14 »

Cheers man MK1's are worth saving alot more than MK3's in my mind neways.  :smiley:

Anything is better than saving a MK3.....  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :lipsrsealed:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 05 March 2012, 00:18 »
damn thats rotten but ive seen worse been restored.

mk3's. I only buy mk3's to scrap them.
:)

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #22 on: 05 March 2012, 00:21 »

I don't even see the point of that.... What parts would you really want to fit to a classic like a mk1 or a mk2 from a crappy mk3???

Front Top mounts???

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 05 March 2012, 04:31 »

I don't even see the point of that.... What parts would you really want to fit to a classic like a mk1 or a mk2 from a crappy mk3???

Front Top mounts???
Engine, gearbox, brake setup from GTI/16v/VR6 perhaps?

Good on you for rescuing a MK1. Brave man.

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 05 March 2012, 08:34 »

Front Top mounts???

There are some good parts lol.....5 stud set up, wide track, brakes and the good old ABF and VR6 lol.

I dont think im that brave hehe, some of the restorations iv seen on the MK1 owners club are unbelievable in what work needs doing. Im just naive and wear rose tinted specs and nothing can halm me in my cloud of ignorance  :grin:

Should be (fingers crossed) be getting a welder in April so just need to finish getting her stripped and should be able to start mending the old girl.

Offline ben gttdi

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 05 March 2012, 09:29 »
your a brave brave man, iv restored some car in bad condition in my time but sh!t thats bad you got alot of work n money to be spent there mate....ima have to follow this so make sure u keep it updated ;) good luck

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 05 March 2012, 10:19 »
your a brave brave man, iv restored some car in bad condition in my time but sh!t thats bad you got alot of work n money to be spent there mate....ima have to follow this so make sure u keep it updated ;) good luck

Lol she has seen better days, updates will be abit on the slow side as its a long term project keep me busy, just gotta sorce some of the repair panels first, thank god for VW classic parts!  :nerd:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #27 on: 05 March 2012, 10:29 »

Lol she has seen better days, updates will be abit on the slow side as its a long term project keep me busy, just gotta sorce some of the repair panels first, thank god for VW classic parts!  :nerd:

Not long after I started mine, I made a list on my project and dub rides threads of everything it needed. (it seemed like a never ending list at one point as you always end up finding that you need more stuff each time you do something to the car  :grin:) Might be worth you doing the same...  At times others maybe able to point you in the right direction if you struggle to find certain things and it's also just good reference for yourself.

Offline apie2004

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 05 March 2012, 11:10 »

Front Top mounts???

Number 99 relay :D

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 05 March 2012, 11:22 »
This should be very interesting! :cool: