Author Topic: miltek hidden vs single exit exhaust noise and perofmance ?  (Read 776 times)

Offline charlie 20vt

• Not said much yet
Hi people what's the difference between miltek hidden and single exit exhaust noise and performance

Thanks

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: miltek hidden vs single exit exhaust noise and perofmance ?
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2012, 13:20 »
none  :wink:

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2012, 13:27 »
Yea mate none if I've read that right.

Offline Prawny

• Here all the time
  • R-tech power!!!
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2012, 15:23 »
depending on how low your car is, the discrete tailpipes can get very annoying.

I found on mine, many many years ago, at standard height the discrete miltek system was fine, but when lowered 50mm, it became REALLY boomy. It's because the downturned tail pipes were closer to the ground and it just made it really horrid on motorway driving.

I cut the downturned tips off, and welded straight pipes on, and it sounded better, and no more motorway drone.

Offline charlie 20vt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2012, 16:56 »
Cheers you got any pictures

Thanks

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 15 October 2012, 17:57 »
What of?

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 15 October 2012, 18:15 »
depending on how low your car is, the discrete tailpipes can get very annoying.

I found on mine, many many years ago, at standard height the discrete miltek system was fine, but when lowered 50mm, it became REALLY boomy. It's because the downturned tail pipes were closer to the ground and it just made it really horrid on motorway driving.

I cut the downturned tips off, and welded straight pipes on, and it sounded better, and no more motorway drone.

+1 on this I had down turned pipes 'discreet pipe' on a previous car and drove me mad. looking back at it now, I dunno why I wanted a discreet pipe as I like to see what makes the nice noise  :grin:

a nice anni valance with chrome tip FTW  :cool:

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft