Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529876 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #150 on: 23 November 2015, 18:11 »
Really would love to know who thought carpet would be a great arch lining material!!

It's for sound deadening.

I agree, it's a proper pain trying to clean it with the wheels still on. I guess the vast majority of people do little more than spray the hose under their wheel arches, so it doesn't really matter to them.

Do you take your wheels off every time you clean your car then?  Guess that's not too onerous if you only clean it twice a year.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #151 on: 25 November 2015, 08:21 »
It's the Passat that gets neglected. The Golf gets a proper 'wash' every other week which includes the insides of the wheels and the inside of the arches as far as I can reach with a mitt. The wheels come off when it has a proper 'clean', which admittedly isn't all that often.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #152 on: 04 December 2015, 21:54 »
Pick it up tomorrow morning after getting professionally detailed and protected the last 2 days, typical wind and rain forecast for tomorrow :cry: won't stay looking like this for long

Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #153 on: 04 December 2015, 22:25 »
Pick it up tomorrow morning after getting professionally detailed and protected the last 2 days, typical wind and rain forecast for tomorrow :cry: won't stay looking like this for long

That looks fantastic Cossieian. Bet you're chuffed with it :cool:

No it may be short-lived but it's nicely protected against the elements now.  Won't take much to get it looking like that again.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #154 on: 05 December 2015, 04:36 »
Thank you Rebecca, although I haven't physically seen it yet I know it will be top notch job :smiley:
Hopefully all I'll need to do now to keep it clean is a good safe wash once a week to keep them nastys away :wink:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #155 on: 05 December 2015, 17:30 »
Finally got around to a maintenance wash after 3 weeks of being too busy  :smiley:

Befores:

Afters:

Put some Fk1000p on the wheel faces for some added protection to the diamond cut finish and got to try out my new WoWo foam applicators for the first time. Bottom line is they are soft, great value and just brilliant! Top work again Neil!

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #156 on: 05 December 2015, 17:32 »

Looks awesome, and getting it dirty again is part of the fun surely?  :tongue: Drive, clean, sleep, repeat  :laugh:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #157 on: 05 December 2015, 19:52 »
Lots of lovely Tornado Reds on here atm, very festive.  :laugh:

Finally got around to a maintenance wash after 3 weeks of being too busy  :smiley:

Afters:

Put some Fk1000p on the wheel faces for some added protection to the diamond cut finish and got to try out my new WoWo foam applicators for the first time. Bottom line is they are soft, great value and just brilliant! Top work again Neil!

Looks beautiful Dan.  I do love Monzas.  And though I may have had my eye turned by the Mk7 R, the Mk6 GTI is still a looker, especially when it looks like that.  :cool:

I have done nothing to mine and another weekend goes by without time to clean it.  3 weeks since the last clean and looking a bit sorry for itself.  :cry:

« Last Edit: 05 December 2015, 19:55 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #158 on: 05 December 2015, 19:55 »

Befores:

Looks great dude, if I'm totally honest I kinda like them looking dirty sometimes, then all of a sudden I get an urge that I must clean mine, even if I'm in bed sleeping I can't sleep thinking about it. How weird do I sound :laugh:

PS Shame on you Rebecca, 3 weeks without cleaning, you should be banned from the detailing area and summonsed straight to the how dirty is your MK7 thread ha ha ha
« Last Edit: 05 December 2015, 19:58 by Cossieian »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #159 on: 05 December 2015, 20:17 »

Looks great dude, if I'm totally honest I kinda like them looking dirty sometimes, then all of a sudden I get an urge that I must clean mine, even if I'm in bed sleeping I can't sleep thinking about it. How weird do I sound :laugh:

You are not alone in that.  The state of mine is keeping me awake at night too :cry: :laugh:

PS Shame on you Rebecca, 3 weeks without cleaning, you should be banned from the detailing area and summonsed straight to the how dirty is your MK7 thread ha ha ha

Haha, I have already bared my shame in that thread, lol.

Trouble is not sure when it's going to get done, what with all the Xmas stuff/commitments which seem to have started in earnest.  :undecided:  But I'm not sure I can hold out much longer, so may have to duck out of the food shopping next Sat.  My other half will understand, the alternative is a very agitated and grumpy me.  :laugh:

Anyway banned eh.........I'll get me coat. :grin:
« Last Edit: 05 December 2015, 20:21 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual