Author Topic: New member looking for some advice  (Read 5876 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: New member looking for some advice
« Reply #10 on: 19 February 2019, 17:37 »
Cheeky Barstewards!! All GTi's from the factory come standard with mats so tell them you want the standard ones that came with the car. Considering they are giving dataplugs away free tell them to take it off, they are crap anyway. Tell them you want a full tank of fuel and not 17 quids worth! Don't let the dealer apply any paint coatings because they generally make an a4se of it. If they won't do any of above walk away and find another car.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 19 February 2019, 17:40 »
Don't pay for the dataplug!!!

Cheeky buggers.

You don't need that, its just a way of VW spying on you and trying to sell you more services.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 19 February 2019, 18:00 »
And what the bloody bu@@ery bo!!ocks is a £99 admin fee for? Name and shame and move on. If they are going to be that arsey at the point of purchase who knows how much of a pain in the arse they would be if god forbid something went wrong post purchase...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 19 February 2019, 18:45 »
And what the bloody bu@@ery bo!!ocks is a £99 admin fee for?
It's pretty common practice now for some of the bigger named franchises. My nearest dealer's network (Motorline) charges £139+VAT on all their used vehicles.

The salesman I spoke to there when I was looking was very embarrassed with it, especially when I asked the simple question "why don't you just build that cost into the price?".

:huh:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 19 February 2019, 20:09 »
And what the bloody bu@@ery bo!!ocks is a £99 admin fee for?
It's pretty common practice now for some of the bigger named franchises. My nearest dealer's network (Motorline) charges £139+VAT on all their used vehicles.

The salesman I spoke to there when I was looking was very embarrassed with it, especially when I asked the simple question "why don't you just build that cost into the price?".

:huh:

I've heard it all now, being charged to buy something! And how much "admin" is there anyway? I'd walk away.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline wolly440

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 19 February 2019, 22:06 »
They want to charge you £99 to buy a car from them  :grin: Isn't that what your paying for anyway.

It's like McDonalds charging you a £1 burger flipping fee for someone to flip your burgers for you  :laugh:

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 20 February 2019, 00:47 »
Hahahaaaaaa. The absolute cheek of that! Stick two fingers up at them and tell them to do one.

My mate is a car salesman and he says you don't have to pay the admin fee.

Name and shame the dealership so we can avoid them.

Offline 2007GTI

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 20 February 2019, 10:02 »
When I looked at a GTI at a main dealer, I turned up and it had £239 admin fee sticker on the window, at a main VW dealer, I was shocked! I protested and said it wasn't in the Autotrader Advert, dealer said yes it was, it's our policy, blah blah. I showed him the ad on my phone and it wasn't there, still wouldn't budge. So I went and bought a car somewhere else, lesson learnt.
2014 Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr in Carbon Grey, 18s, leather

Gone but not forgotten '07 Mk5 GTI DSG (2006 to 2014)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 20 February 2019, 11:08 »
Name and shame the dealership so we can avoid them.
As I pointed out it's not a dealership thing, it's a franchise group policy. So for example https://www.motorline.co.uk who have many approved dealer brands in their group (including VW) charge an admin fee on all their used cars.

It's now common practice.

SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 20 February 2019, 11:37 »
Cheeky Barstewards!! All GTi's from the factory come standard with mats so tell them you want the standard ones that came with the car. Considering they are giving dataplugs away free tell them to take it off, they are crap anyway. Tell them you want a full tank of fuel and not 17 quids worth! Don't let the dealer apply any paint coatings because they generally make an a4se of it. If they won't do any of above walk away and find another car.

So there's a reason for the mat thing. If they leave mats in a 2nd hand car and they aren't in perfect condition, if for instance the mat didn't fit as well as it should and caused an accident, they would be liable. So all these car supermarkets pull them out and more often than not don't supply them.

But a main dealer should supply some proper mats as part of retailing an approved car. We had this issue with a 3 year old Auris from a main dealer that we got for the missus and had to stipulate we wanted mats which they reluctantly did do.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey