Author Topic: Wired in the Nak  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Roldy

• Not said much yet
  • MK3 - tick, Mk2 - tick
Wired in the Nak
« on: 27 March 2013, 11:58 »
Hi,

wired in my nakamichi yesterday into my mk2 yesterday had a few issues, one is it stays on with ignition off (scrawled posts found I need to find a 12v wire which I can splice into or apparently there are many open 12v cables in back of fusebox I can use?)
Also for some reason only my right speaker cable from headunit is working? both speakers work but only getting sound from one so have temporarily fitted both speakers to right speaker cable  :grin:
any advice on what it may be?

Thanks in advance

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
Re: Wired in the Nak
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2013, 19:32 »
When I fitted mine I used a ISO to bare wires connector as the Nak doesn't have an ISO.  I added extra tails to the wiring so I use another 12v source if I need to.  Does it stay on if you remove the key form the ignition? You may need to swap the yellow and red wire over.

Offline Roldy

• Not said much yet
  • MK3 - tick, Mk2 - tick
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2013, 22:00 »
Yeah it does stay on so will try the red and yellow wire swap  :smiley:
Also when you did yours did you find it hard to fit in place? Seems very hard with all the wiring also just drove home from work and put faceplate in and wouldn't turn on at all so removed it to check wires and all looks okay but whist having a fiddle I accidentally hit another wire taking out interior light  :embarrassed:
Ah well excuse to mess about some more and take dash apart need to fit light behind clocks anyway!

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2013, 11:58 »
It is tight behind the unit, the Mk2 dash doesn't lend itself well for extra wiring especially when running an amp and sub!

Might be easier to bundgle some of the wires together and tuck them around as much as possible.

The unit should power off when you remove the key.