Author Topic: Dogbone Mount Insert on GTI  (Read 4279 times)

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
Dogbone Mount Insert on GTI
« on: 04 February 2019, 12:07 »
Hello all. I'm considering getting a dogbone mount insert for my car, possibly a black forest industries one or ecs. I was wondering if anyone has one fitted and has any opinions? Thanks  :smiley:
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
Re: Dogbone Mount Insert on GTI
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2019, 13:02 »
Hi MjrSharpe, after a bit of research, I had the 034Motorsport one fitted to my 2017 GTI 7.5 and once the initial NVH died down (or I stopped noticing it!) I really liked it the mod.

The traction definitely improved from standing starts and after a while I only remembered it was there when the engine started. It's hard to describe but it does feel different - there's a youtube vid that shows how it is restricting the movement on start up and that's what you can feel.

Unfortunately it doesn't fit my Clubsport mount otherwise I would have it transferred over. I know you're looking at the BFI and ECS ones but if you do change your mind and fancy the 034 one, give me a shout - it's the version 1 style and I now need version 2!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2019, 14:19 »
Hello Andy. Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure which sort my car needs, but I'll get it jack up and have a look and let you know. Thanks for the info as well.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Robo999

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 05 February 2019, 12:09 »
Hi MjrSharpe, after a bit of research, I had the 034Motorsport one fitted to my 2017 GTI 7.5 and once the initial NVH died down (or I stopped noticing it!) I really liked it the mod.

The traction definitely improved from standing starts and after a while I only remembered it was there when the engine started. It's hard to describe but it does feel different - there's a youtube vid that shows how it is restricting the movement on start up and that's what you can feel.

Unfortunately it doesn't fit my Clubsport mount otherwise I would have it transferred over. I know you're looking at the BFI and ECS ones but if you do change your mind and fancy the 034 one, give me a shout - it's the version 1 style and I now need version 2!
Hi andy are all clubsports the same and need version 2? If u know
Mk7 GTI Edition 40 Clubsport no. 53

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 05 February 2019, 12:23 »

I'm afraid you have to look at the mount as I was told there's no guarantee they will be the same.

As an alternative to jacking it up though, I started the video camera recording on my phone and put it under the mount on a bit of cardboard to see which version it was.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Robo999

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 05 February 2019, 12:26 »
Thats a good shout tbh. I did think of popping it on a high kerb and sending the mrs under. Shes a more likely to fit than me  :laugh: wish there was a way of knowing  :undecided:

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 05 February 2019, 12:47 »

I'm afraid you have to look at the mount as I was told there's no guarantee they will be the same.

As an alternative to jacking it up though, I started the video camera recording on my phone and put it under the mount on a bit of cardboard to see which version it was.

I bought one of those selfie sticks for a couple of quid, and pretty much do the same thing with my phone camera if I need to look under the car. Works a treat  :cool:
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Robo999

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 05 February 2019, 13:10 »

The traction definitely improved from standing starts and after a while I only remembered it was there when the engine started. It's hard to describe but it does feel different - there's a youtube vid that shows how it is restricting the movement on start up and that's what you can

I bought one of those selfie sticks for a couple of quid, and pretty much do the same thing with my phone camera if I need to look under the car. Works a treat  :cool:
Forgot i had a gopro pole.  :smiley: worked perfectly with a torch. Mines is version 2 or b  :grin: il be ordering that today then
« Last Edit: 05 February 2019, 13:12 by Robo999 »

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 05 February 2019, 13:45 »
Success!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 05 February 2019, 16:11 »
I loved my 034 Dogbone mount when first installed, but one track day and it was all knackered and bent.

I've now got the Racingline lower engine mount kit complete with aluminium torque link as planning power mods next.

NVH at first was terrible, but quieten down massively within the first 200 miles, within a 1000 miles it was almost gone and only really returns if you ride the clutch.

Love the performance, drivetrain and gearbox feel so solid and precise!

« Last Edit: 05 February 2019, 16:12 by 7MAT »
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.