Author Topic: VP bilberry wheel cleaner  (Read 14229 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: VP bilberry wheel cleaner
« Reply #10 on: 02 April 2017, 09:21 »
Thanks Booth11 you've put my mind at rest....looking forward to trying it tomorrow followed by PB sealant, like the idea of the gtechniq but got a nearly full bottle of the PB, will be seeing pink for a few weeks!

You will love it. It's a excellent wheel cleaner, it makes cleaning your wheels a breeze. I tend to spray it on all wheels and tails before I set about doing the snow foam stage. I leave it to dwell while get the pressure washer and snow foam lance ready ect.

It's one of those products that once you've used it your detailing kit won't want to be without it.  :smiley:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 02 April 2017, 11:15 »
Thanks Booth11 you've put my mind at rest....looking forward to trying it tomorrow followed by PB sealant, like the idea of the gtechniq but got a nearly full bottle of the PB, will be seeing pink for a few weeks!

It's very effective on wheels and tailpipes, and used at that 1:10 dilution won't strip any protection you have on your wheels.

I do similar to Mr GTD, spray all wheels, wheel arches and tailpipes with Bilberry prior to snow foaming.  Leave it to dwell for a few mins, I then apply snow foam to dry car, and over the top of the Bilberry on the wheels, then everything gets pressure wash rinsed after snow foam has dwelled, whilst I fill up my buckets.

Good luck. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 19 September 2017, 21:44 »
sorry for opening an old thread but i have diamond cuts on mine can i use the Bilberry Cleaner on them DH is having a panic saying i cant  :undecided:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 19 September 2017, 21:47 »
sorry for opening an old thread but i have diamond cuts on mine can i use the Bilberry Cleaner on them DH is having a panic saying i cant  :undecided:

Husband is wrong.  Bilberry is gone to use on diamond cut alloys. Is a non acidic wheel cleaner so not harsh like some wheel cleaners. Best used at a dilution ratio of 1 part Bilberry to 10 parts water, or 1:8.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 19 September 2017, 21:48 »

Husband is wrong.  Bilberry is gone to use on diamond cut alloys. Is a non acidic wheel cleaner so not harsh like some wheel cleaners. Best used at a dilution ratio of 1 part Bilberry to 10 parts water, or 1:8.

Super thanks Rebecca...im right with the name eh ?  :grin:

Any recommendations on a sealant for after ? have poorboys but dont like it much

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 19 September 2017, 21:53 »

Any recommendations on a sealant for after ? have poorboys but dont like it much

Yep, that's my name.

I use Gtechniq C2v3 on mine and top it up monthly. You can get coatings such as Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour, Gyeon Q2 RIM, and CarPro DLUX.  These are all ceramic style coatings which are best applied to wheels whilst off the car and need to cure.  They last months and months. So that's an option.  I personally prefer to seal mine monthly and C2v3 does a great job.  If you decide to get Sonax BSD as per the other thread, then that would be great for wheels too. 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 19 September 2017, 21:58 »

Yep, that's my name.

I use Gtechniq C2v3 on mine and top it up monthly. You can get coatings such as Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour, Gyeon Q2 RIM, and CarPro DLUX.  These are all ceramic style coatings which are best applied to wheels whilst off the car and need to cure.  They last months and months. So that's an option.  I personally prefer to seal mine monthly and C2v3 does a great job.  If you decide to get Sonax BSD as per the other thread, then that would be great for wheels too.

Take it the C2v3 can be applied with wheels on ?

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 19 September 2017, 21:59 »
and i take it just use the body wax after sealant ?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 19 September 2017, 22:08 »
and i take it just use the body wax after sealant ?

No, no need to wax on top of the sealant. See my last reply in the Sonax BSD thread as to why wax and BSD are not good partners.  Of course you can do whatever you fancy there's no hard or fast rules, but some sealants and waxes don't bond due to certain types of sealant having nano or polymer bases and wax having organic hydrocarbon base.  Not good bedfellows.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 20 September 2017, 15:44 »

Yep, that's my name.

Rebecca where do you get your Gtechniq from ?