Author Topic: New products  (Read 5194 times)

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
Re: New products
« Reply #20 on: 27 April 2014, 07:28 »
Of the stuff you've tested so far, what have you been most impressed with?

The tyre dressing by far. It eventually dries matte and got great longevity. I'll take a pic before I clean my motor today and it's done about 500 miles and gone through some crappy weather since being last applied.

I've got the glass cleaners now too so I'll try then this week at some point as well.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 27 April 2014, 15:05 »
Of the stuff you've tested so far, what have you been most impressed with?

The tyre dressing by far. It eventually dries matte and got great longevity. I'll take a pic before I clean my motor today and it's done about 500 miles and gone through some crappy weather since being last applied.

I've got the glass cleaners now too so I'll try then this week at some point as well.

Sounds promising.  I'm on the lookout for a replacement tyre dressing that's not too glossy. 

Normally use Megs Endurance which lasts well but it can look at bit too shiny and plasticky.  Also tried others, namely Blackfire's Total Eclipse Gel and Poorboys Bold & Bright dressing, both only so-so imo.  Have run out of these so currently using up a bottle of CG new Look Trim Gel, which I didn't like on interior trim but is actually pretty good on tyres.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 27 April 2014, 16:20 »
Personally I've never used a tyre dressing before so would be interested in seeing how this looks. A nice consistent matte finish would be exactly what I'm after and there seems to be many that are too glossy for my liking when I see pics of them applied. I've heard really good things about Megs Endurance and was thinking about getting some but you reckon that's a bit glossy too Booth?

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 27 April 2014, 17:36 »
Personally I've never used a tyre dressing before so would be interested in seeing how this looks. A nice consistent matte finish would be exactly what I'm after and there seems to be many that are too glossy for my liking when I see pics of them applied. I've heard really good things about Megs Endurance and was thinking about getting some but you reckon that's a bit glossy too Booth?

Megs is good, it's always been my go to dressing but more recently I've been wanting a matte finish.  I find it stays put though some say it slings.  The more coats you apply, the glossier it gets but you can reduce the shine a bit by applying it to all wheels, then going back over with a microfibre to remove any excess.  It's quite thick but the foam applicator you can buy separately makes it easier to apply. 

I initially really liked Poorboys Bold n Bright Tyre Dressing.  It's supposed to give a high gloss finish but ironically I find it leaves a subtle matte finish, which is just right.  As it's water based, the consistency is quite thin making it a breeze to apply, however, it doesn't last very long.  PB also do one called Bold n Bright Gel which I might give a go in the hope that it gives the same finish but greater longevity, unless Ginge's stuff cuts the mustard.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 27 April 2014, 21:29 »
Like the sound of thats Poorboys gel. Let us know how it goes if you get some.

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
  • .: Eat Me :.
« Reply #25 on: 02 May 2014, 12:08 »
Ginge, I'm not working at the mo. So let me know if ya need a hand testing anything.

My golf is like a Metalic Red.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 20 June 2014, 21:42 »
Any update on these products Ginge? 

Particularly the wash mitts.  How are they standing up to weekly washing?  I'm just about to order yet another DJ tribble mitt!  I'm finding their lifespan seems to be getting shorter and shorter despite careful rinsing and drying after use, they always start disintegrating between the thumb bit.  So wondering if the one's you're testing are any better?

Oh and are you still impressed with the tyre dressing?
« Last Edit: 20 June 2014, 21:48 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 22 June 2014, 07:33 »
Rebecca, PM me your address and send you a mitt on Monday, youll be proper impressed. they tell me that the product labels should be done in about a month and have promised me some sample sets for fellow members on here.

BTW ya car looks great in this months VWD magazine, i only just noticed thata my 35 appears on the inters advert too in that edition.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 22 June 2014, 08:30 »
Rebecca, PM me your address and send you a mitt on Monday, youll be proper impressed. they tell me that the product labels should be done in about a month and have promised me some sample sets for fellow members on here.

BTW ya car looks great in this months VWD magazine, i only just noticed thata my 35 appears on the inters advert too in that edition.

PM'd you.  Cheers Neil, you're a top man   :smiley:

Dubber mentioned your eddy was in the advert.  The legend lives on   :cool:

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual