Author Topic: New products  (Read 5170 times)

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
Re: New products
« Reply #10 on: 17 April 2014, 16:22 »
You've probably got enough volunteers to test stuff but I'd be happy to try out some new products if the chance arises. Snow foam sounds interesting but I don't have a pressure washer so apply mine through a mesto foamer, not sure if that's the sort of testing they're looking for?

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 17 April 2014, 16:54 »
We get endless samples of the same rebranded products. It's just a case of price wars now.

ANY snow foam will work if the paint is perfect and protected but I just hope its not another rebranded product like 90% of them.

Whats the product brand?

Blue
:)

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 17 April 2014, 20:35 »
Can't say yet but what I can say is that the wheel cleaner and the snow foam seems excellent. The rinse aid I'm not sure about the tyre dressing will be out to its test tomorrow as I'm driving to wales to put my dads shed up.

I'll compile a list of those who want to take a look and go from there.

It'd be interesting to hear what the foam is like through a non jet wash lance, but that's for any as I've always wondered.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 17 April 2014, 20:46 »
Currently use Meg's Hyper Wash through it and it works well as long as you keep the pressure up (good bit of exercise). Still playing with dilution ratios to get the 'cling' right.

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 21 April 2014, 18:37 »
So, used the rinse aid again. Its good but doesn't shift the water as good as demon shine but I'd still use it dependent on the price.

The tyre dressing held up well on the run down to wales, the roads were damp and then dry so the tyre was put through both extremes. We've had some strong downpours since too and it seems to have held up.

These are some pics of the cars after an hour of being dressed, good strong first impression. Sling doesn't seem to be an issue, I guess it's the same as any other dressing, if you soak the tyre they'll be sling, if you dress the tyre it'll do exactly that.

« Last Edit: 21 April 2014, 18:39 by Ginge 35Edition »

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 25 April 2014, 23:44 »
Tyre dressing looks good - how easy was it to apply?

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 26 April 2014, 06:50 »
Really easy, I put it in a spray bottle, squirted it on a micro fibre cloth and wiped it round. It dried pretty quick so I went round again and that have it a slightly more gloss finish.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 26 April 2014, 14:01 »
Really easy, I put it in a spray bottle, squirted it on a micro fibre cloth and wiped it round. It dried pretty quick so I went round again and that have it a slightly more gloss finish.

Sounds good - any ideas when you'll be revealing the prices and maker?

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 26 April 2014, 15:19 »
The last conversation I had they were keeping it close to their chest in terms of brand name etc. I'll try again this week and see what they say. I've told them that there a few people interested in testing and that went down well.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 26 April 2014, 22:01 »
Of the stuff you've tested so far, what have you been most impressed with?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11