Author Topic: Meguiars Gold Class  (Read 3300 times)

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Re: Meguiars Gold Class
« Reply #10 on: 21 September 2011, 19:47 »
Have you ever clayed or thought about giving your car a clay bar treatment? If you haven't you could buy a clay bar kit, some good polish and some wax for all under £50 I'd say. The dodo juice panel pots are really good if your not car cleaning crazy, will last you 2 or clean layers of wax aswell!

Check out waxamomo and the forum there, loads of help!

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #11 on: 21 September 2011, 20:09 »
Megs claying kit £20, Collinite 476 £15 job done really get your self some micro fibres from Asda £2 !! :wink:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 21 September 2011, 23:17 »
Gold glass is over rated IMHO,  I have a bottle and find it makes very little soap suds :(

I can get much more off the 5 gallon container of turtle wax professional and a lot more bubbles and lubrication.

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline Tazzy

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 22 September 2011, 10:44 »
Gold glass is over rated IMHO,  I have a bottle and find it makes very little soap suds :(

I can get much more off the 5 gallon container of turtle wax professional and a lot more bubbles and lubrication.

completely the opposite, with less sudsing agents, it actually makes it a better shampoo, and that goes for most shampoos, especially those that contain wax, as wax reacts with the sudsing agents, its nice to see bubbles, but its even nicer to see a clean car  :cool:

i wont hide the fact im a megs fan, but that because i believe megs caters for everyone at a great price

shampoo - megs gold class or ultimate wash and wax

cleaner - megs step 1 paint cleaner

polish - autoglym super resin

wax - megs step 3 - its carnauba wax, unless you prefer to use a paste wax, in which case look at dodo juice

quik detailer - megs ultimate qd

tyres - gold class endurance

microfibes - asda £2

:cool:
If It Comes Off, Modify It!

Offline GTI:Gibbo

• I live here
  • More a way of life than just another car
« Reply #14 on: 22 September 2011, 11:46 »
I think i will go with a bottle of Gold Class.. I have Auto g's super resin polish already, and for a wax i think i might go for the Megs step 3.

Cheers Tazzy  :cool:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #15 on: 22 September 2011, 22:11 »
I think i will go with a bottle of Gold Class.. I have Auto g's super resin polish already, and for a wax i think i might go for the Megs step 3.

Cheers Tazzy  :cool:

Where abouts are you ordering your gear from? All I can is try out some of the dodo range, its pretty intense and as I said one of the small panel pots will give maybe 3 layers of wax!

Offline GTI:Gibbo

• I live here
  • More a way of life than just another car
« Reply #16 on: 22 September 2011, 22:18 »
Will shop around for the best prices for an hour or so  :laugh:

Offline Tazzy

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 22 September 2011, 22:39 »
as much as dodo juice is very good, its also very over priced, and i cant justify spending what you need to on dj when you can buy the same type of product for less that does the same job
If It Comes Off, Modify It!

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #18 on: 23 September 2011, 08:18 »
as much as dodo juice is very good, its also very over priced, and i cant justify spending what you need to on dj when you can buy the same type of product for less that does the same job

Which products Tazzy ?

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline tg1

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 23 September 2011, 10:58 »
any wax will do the same as the ddj stuff, ie the colonite you reccomended costs less, has a much bigger pot, much better durability.

i've only used ddj ph, gave a nice finish granted, but for 7 quid for 3-5 layers of wax, you'd be better off getting a lesser wax and not have to buy a new pot every couple of weeks/months.

all imo