Author Topic: Removing holograms on new paint.(NOW WITH PICS)  (Read 5627 times)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: Removing holograms on new paint.
« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2011, 19:10 »
only way to get rid of them is by machine, take it back demand it doing, a full repaint should come back mint, holograms are easy to get on black cars....i know this haha, gotta take your time when using the machine :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2011, 19:16 »
They arnt very bad tbh but i want it perfect.Im able to take it back but it means hiring a trailer again and then getting me old man in his 4.0 to tow it so it will cost £90  a trip!
The paint is perfect bar this holograming business so im not too fussed about sorting it myself,plus its a learning curve :nerd:
Just waiting for Ashley off Edition to get back to me about selling his old rotary.

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2011, 20:50 »
Ayup lads I may sound daft here but as the car was a bit loppy because of all the wind and rain i washed the car for the 1st time.

Dodojuice BTBM
Lambswool wash mitt
2 bucket method.

I only finished it an hour or so ago and ,well i cant seem to find these holograms now :huh:
I put it down to not being in direct sunlight so i got a big LED light out,then turned the halogen security light on it and  i still cant find them.

Am i being stupidly optimistic in thinking they have gone?Or is it just a case of it not being under the right light?

Cheers :cool:

Gaz

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2011, 22:15 »
its usually being under the right light... like when people take pictures of their polishing results without being into a direct light source like the sun!

if they were holograms to begin with then they'll still be there

bit loppy - lol  :grin:

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2011, 22:54 »
Ive just been out in the dark with my light again.....yeah your right,they are still there :embarassed:
Id have preferred you to be wrong though. :evil:

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 03 June 2011, 21:58 »
Ive bottled it and got a pro in to do it :grin:

Ive got this guy http://www.deep-shine.co.uk/index.html to do me a full hologram removal on the whole car which he says will take 6 hours or so and it will be £100.

Is this ok?

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 05 June 2011, 11:49 »
Too late he's already here :grin: Soon as he brings me the cd with the pics of the before and after i will post them up.Cant believe the bloody difference!

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
Re: Removing holograms on new paint.(NOW WITH PICS)
« Reply #17 on: 06 June 2011, 07:45 »
Right this weekend has been all about detailing.
I was very happy with the spray job but there was a few buffer trails left from non perfect finishing with the mop.
After much deliberation i decided to get someone in to give it a tidy up as i was too much of a girl to attack it with a rotary.

Soooo i got in touch with Adi @ http://www.deep-shine.co.uk/ who it turns out lives a couple of streets away from me and as his missus was off out on the sunday he said he woulp pop round.
He said it would take around 6 hours to remove the hologramming and then i can finish it off with poorboys black hole jetseal 109 and then top it off with Dodojuice supernatural.

So i got up on a drizzly sunday @6am and gave it a wash and started taping it off for him.

Adi came at 8am and checked the thickness of the pain which was very good apparently.Then got to work.
Heres a rough picture of the buffer trails

This is the tailgate after one pass with 3m ultrafina(it now looks even blackerer!)

This is the car fully corrected but with no protection.

Time for me to get to work!
This is what t looked like after i stuck all my stuff on it.Got to wait 24 hours and wash with the tbm and give another coat of supernatural.

I can't recommend Adi enough,have a look at his website he did me a good deal for the correction and i would definatley use him again!

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 06 June 2011, 07:47 »
Bare in mind i havnt done the whels glass or trim in these pics as that is todays job.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 06 June 2011, 21:46 »
That looks awesome mate, your sig doesn't do it justice! :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂