Author Topic: Clearing snow?  (Read 4132 times)

Offline luke

• I live here
  • When in doubt, whip it out!
Re: Clearing snow?
« Reply #20 on: 20 December 2010, 22:43 »
the right pedal  :cool:
haven't had much snow, just start the car up, put on back heated screen and wiper blades once to get rid of top layer of snow then use an ice scraper to get snow off the remaining windows, then jump in the car with the heaters on full and get the feeling in your body back..
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 21 December 2010, 02:51 »
^hmm, yeah thanks Guy :grin: i normally use a soft brush but not sure how much damage it's doing?

with a stiff brush or a shovel you are sure to remove any doubt as to how much damage you're doing  :wink:

I get an extension cable and put an electric blanket over the top of my car for a couple of minutes. Sparks a little but theres no snow on my car anymore. Looks like my paint has been put in a bbq but thats what resprays/detailers are for eh?

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 21 December 2010, 09:13 »
^hmm, yeah thanks Guy :grin: i normally use a soft brush but not sure how much damage it's doing?

with a stiff brush or a shovel you are sure to remove any doubt as to how much damage you're doing  :wink:

I get an extension cable and put an electric blanket over the top of my car for a couple of minutes. Sparks a little but theres no snow on my car anymore. Looks like my paint has been put in a bbq but thats what resprays/detailers are for eh?

i use a portable flamethrower :cool:

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 21 December 2010, 12:42 »

i use a portable flamethrower :cool:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Made me laugh! - where did it from? - looking at getting one now!

Offline tg1

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 21 December 2010, 13:46 »
all you need is a calor gas bottle, a lighter, a bit of hose and a suitable adaptor from hosepipe to gas bottle.

Oh and someone to film it

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 21 December 2010, 14:28 »
Haha - shall we get Bellend to try this one?

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 21 December 2010, 14:32 »
Haha - shall we get Bellend to try this one?

cause he might have run out of de-icer!  :grin:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #27 on: 21 December 2010, 15:42 »

You been hanging around with the wrong people for too long Mr F   :shocked: :lipsrsealed:

:laugh: