Author Topic: Machine Polishing - What do I need ?  (Read 4489 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: Machine Polishing - What do I need ?
« Reply #20 on: 12 April 2010, 21:02 »
Thanks steven,  I was hoping to pick up a G220 though :smiley:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #21 on: 13 April 2010, 00:23 »
go kev!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

backing plate looks fine but the dodo one is cheaper and more paded tbh, just my opinion mate :wink:

I must be reading it wrong then mate, the one you linked was for a rotary ? and the meg's is a DA ?

Unless I'm looking at it wrong.

hi dude ive just looked at the link i put up for you regarding the backing plate and its def for an orbital and not a rotory lol :wink:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 13 April 2010, 00:26 »
go kev!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

backing plate looks fine but the dodo one is cheaper and more paded tbh, just my opinion mate :wink:

I must be reading it wrong then mate, the one you linked was for a rotary ? and the meg's is a DA ?

Unless I'm looking at it wrong.

hi dude ive just looked at the link i put up for you regarding the backing plate and its def for an orbital and not a rotory lol :wink:

I'm a dumbass mate, or maybe I was just testing you......Nope, I'm a dumbass.  :grin:

Ta.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline stevengeelan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 13 April 2010, 17:32 »
The pro version of the DAS-6 has a 850w motor whereas the G220 has 550w and the cable is twice as long too. Thats what swayed my decision when i chose the DAS-6.

You'll be pleased with the results either way. (I was too busy with my new stuff to take any photos though  :lipsrsealed:)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 13 April 2010, 20:44 »
The pro version of the DAS-6 has a 850w motor whereas the G220 has 550w and the cable is twice as long too. Thats what swayed my decision when i chose the DAS-6.

You'll be pleased with the results either way. (I was too busy with my new stuff to take any photos though  :lipsrsealed:)

i must say that I used the DAS-6 PRO the other day and I was mightly impressed

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 18 April 2010, 03:03 »
Think were (brother in law) are going to go for the das-6 pro too. Since were halfing in for all the pads/machine etc he really likes the das-6 pro so I dont think I have much of a choice here but heard nothing but good things from the das-6 pro so I think I'll be a happy camper.

Offline robern2

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 18 April 2010, 08:32 »
Looks like a good kit.
I'm having machining lessons next month so DA or Rotary selection depends how I get on with both.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 18 April 2010, 19:07 »
Looks like a good kit.
I'm having machining lessons next month so DA or Rotary selection depends how I get on with both.

you'll be fine with both  :smiley: