Author Topic: GTi Interior Questions  (Read 6279 times)

Offline CitizenKane

• Not said much yet
GTi Interior Questions
« on: 22 January 2018, 14:25 »
Hello,

Did the Mk4 GTi only ever come with walnut trim and tartan(ish) seats, or were there any other interior options? Did it ever come with leather seats for example? I know other Mk4's did but I'm wondering about the GTi specifically.

The reason I am asking is because I want to mix up my interior a bit as mine is a bit grotty and I've never been a big fan of the interior anyway, but I only want to use OEM parts. So I've sourced a 25th anniversary edition aluminium trim set, but I'm trying to figure out what other OEM parts would be available to complement it - was there ever a 5 speed gear knob with aluminium rather than walnut trim for example?

Also, did the GTi ever come with leather seats or if I want leather will I just need to source a set from a non-GTi car?

Many thanks  :smiley:

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
Re: GTi Interior Questions
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2018, 22:43 »
Don't know about seats, other than leather was available and fitted to certain mk4s, like 4motion and R32.
I have aluminium 5 speed gear knob from same era polo gti, has gti engraved into :)  Fitted perfectly

Build thread clicky

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2018, 23:15 »
The Bora sport gearknob is quite nice, not too OTT

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline CitizenKane

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2018, 15:40 »
The Bora sport gearknob is quite nice, not too OTT

Thanks mate, I actually had my eye on that exact one believe it or not. I think it'll go really well with the 25th anniversary trim.

Offline CitizenKane

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 23 January 2018, 15:42 »
Don't know about seats, other than leather was available and fitted to certain mk4s, like 4motion and R32.
I have aluminium 5 speed gear knob from same era polo gti, has gti engraved into :)  Fitted perfectly

I went into your build thread to try take a look at your Polo gear knob before realising you've been hit with photobucket, how annoying! Got any links?

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2018, 19:10 »
The leather was an optional extra I just sold a set of black recaro s too  :smiley: r32 s came with konig seats either half leather half cloth or full leather

Offline CitizenKane

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 23 January 2018, 20:39 »
The leather was an optional extra I just sold a set of black recaro s too  :smiley: r32 s came with konig seats either half leather half cloth or full leather

Interesting, thanks. By any chance do you know if the GTi leather seats were the same as the ones that were available on regular Golfs or were they any different?

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 23 January 2018, 21:21 »

Interesting, thanks. By any chance do you know if the GTi leather seats were the same as the ones that were available on regular Golfs or were they any different?
The recaro s they used in the gti and any other mk4 where an optional extra that could be added to any mk4 when ordering if u paid the money  :smiley:

Offline Ajamesc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 27 January 2018, 09:49 »

There must be a few different types of leather my gt tdi 150 has black leather that says recaro on it and has 3 rear head rests. I’ve seen other leather interiors that don’t say recaro and only have 2 rear head rests

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 27 January 2018, 19:27 »

Vw also  fitted standard leather for a while as the recaro s  where a crazy price
There must be a few different types of leather my gt tdi 150 has black leather that says recaro on it and has 3 rear head rests. I’ve seen other leather interiors that don’t say recaro and only have 2 rear head rests