Author Topic: my new wheels  (Read 5095 times)

Offline yanto

• Just got here
Re: my new wheels
« Reply #20 on: 08 January 2014, 19:56 »
Any vw dealer will know if the car has been through their workshops for serving and recalls etc, this golf had only one vw service in july 201. It belonged to lombard vehicle management.  Having spoke to the guy selling the car I think its been bought from lombard and traded around a few dealers? He was happy to give me back my deposit.
The search begins again :angry:

Offline Poached

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 08 January 2014, 20:51 »
Any vw dealer will know if the car has been through their workshops for serving and recalls etc, this golf had only one vw service in july 201. It belonged to lombard vehicle management.  Having spoke to the guy selling the car I think its been bought from lombard and traded around a few dealers? He was happy to give me back my deposit.
The search begins again :angry:

Better examples out there...plenty of Bullsh!tters looking to make a fast buck. Advert with usual cliche one liners too.

You cannot rely on the Service book, invoices or confirmation from relevant garages required for servicing.

Clocking is supposed to be widespread.
« Last Edit: 08 January 2014, 20:57 by Poached »

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 09 January 2014, 00:33 »
Glad you've dodged that bullet mate! Good call getting in touch with VW 8)

Hope you find a good one. :)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline r32tev

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 09 January 2014, 09:14 »
I think its worth looking at an approved used MK6 GTI at this team of year from VW as they are doing good deals (end of financial year approaching). I just bought mine from a VW local to me. I saw the car a month or so ago and thought I would let it dwell for a bit until they knocked the price down slightly which they did. I ended up getting a further 1k knocked off and had an extra 2years warranty 2 years servicing, 6 months tax, some nice new mats and a full tank thrown in !

Its worth the extra premium to go through a dealer IMO as it makes it just that bit more hassle free (doubt everyone agrees).

Ive had a few niggly bits already which have been sorted already. They guys at my local dealership are really nice chaps and surprisingly helpful.

Currently Standard !!

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 09 January 2014, 09:36 »
I think its worth looking at an approved used MK6 GTI at this team of year from VW as they are doing good deals (end of financial year approaching). I just bought mine from a VW local to me. I saw the car a month or so ago and thought I would let it dwell for a bit until they knocked the price down slightly which they did. I ended up getting a further 1k knocked off and had an extra 2years warranty 2 years servicing, 6 months tax, some nice new mats and a full tank thrown in !

Its worth the extra premium to go through a dealer IMO as it makes it just that bit more hassle free (doubt everyone agrees).

Ive had a few niggly bits already which have been sorted already. They guys at my local dealership are really nice chaps and surprisingly helpful.
i agree I have had my last 2 from main dealers I go in and haggle haggle haggle I don't pay the asking price and if they don't budge I walk away a car elsewhere might be cheaper but as this thread shows dodgy wheels mileage incorrect it might seem a good deal until things start going wrong  :cool:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 09 January 2014, 09:42 »
Not all Approved Used cars are all they seem either, so have a really good look. I've looked at quite a few that have had paintwork, and not to the best standards in some cases. Many nearly new cars will be ex lease/hire cars. They often get a blow over to repair any damage before going off to auction where they get bought by the dealers.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 09 January 2014, 11:45 »
Not all Approved Used cars are all they seem either, so have a really good look. I've looked at quite a few that have had paintwork, and not to the best standards in some cases. Many nearly new cars will be ex lease/hire cars. They often get a blow over to repair any damage before going off to auction where they get bought by the dealers.
i agree again look at cars when it's sunny and dry
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline r32tev

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 09 January 2014, 12:43 »
i agree again look at cars when it's sunny and dry

I agree aswell. I think you need to give the car a good going over no matter where it's from.
The trouble is the weather at this time of year seems to hide marks on bodywork !!
It's also worth asking about the previous owner/s etc.

Currently Standard !!