Author Topic: ebay fmic now fitted *more pics added page 5*  (Read 8764 times)

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
Re: just started fitting my ebay universial fmic. *pics added*
« Reply #40 on: 20 April 2010, 21:12 »
jord i can see were your coming from with the most direct route and lag etc but dont see how silicone is is no good as forge use nothing but silicone on there FMIC and has provent gains plus as metal is a very good heat conductor, so wouldnt you suffer from heat soak?

jord just means the more Silicon joiners you use the more likely you are to get boost leaks. obvioulsy if you could have one complete silicon pipe for your FMIC that wouldn't have much chance of boost leaks. Comprende?

and as for heatsoak. my Ali CAI doesn't suffer from heatsoak. only when i've turn'd the engine off and left the bonnet closde. if i feel it straight after driving it's freezing! i dont know if it will be the same principle for the FMIC pipes?

jamie16v

« Reply #41 on: 20 April 2010, 22:06 »
jord i can see were your coming from with the most direct route and lag etc but dont see how silicone is is no good as forge use nothing but silicone on there FMIC and has provent gains plus as metal is a very good heat conductor, so wouldnt you suffer from heat soak?

i dont know if it will be the same principle for the FMIC pipes?
think so mate, i gave my car a drive the other day and the rocker cover was hot but the inlet manifold was quite cold, and the pipes were really cold

jamie16v

« Reply #42 on: 20 April 2010, 22:20 »
here are some pics of the final install.. didnt think there was any need for a step by step. oh, and the intercooler has been mounted the other way around since last time for the pipework to fit well.. more had to be trimmed off the bumper too.. it is very tight atm.. :evil:

« Last Edit: 20 April 2010, 22:22 by jamie16v »

Offline Purely VAG

• I live here
Re: ebay fmic now fitted *more pics added page 5*
« Reply #43 on: 21 April 2010, 00:21 »
Wheres your DV outlet?

✉ Jrd@PurelyVAG.co.uk // www.PurelyVAG.co.uk

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 21 April 2010, 19:22 »
theonestopLEDshop - upgrade LED lighting, car badges, wheel caps etc

Facebook/Instagram: @theonestopledshop

Drop me a message for more info and discounts!

jamie16v

« Reply #45 on: 21 April 2010, 19:37 »
hidden by the engine cover, it is there.. honest...lol