Author Topic: throttle body clean /adjustment  (Read 973 times)

Offline stevelfc

• Here all the time
throttle body clean /adjustment
« on: 24 February 2012, 19:20 »
i have a 1.8 t agu    and was thinking of cleaning throttle body 2 moz mine as throttle cable  am i right once i have cleaned it will settle itself after a few miles and dont need to set it up . I have scanned car for faults no faults stored as car seems to judder very slight when driving at low speeds when letting off throttle only does it know and then  and some times feels to hold back very slightly when opening throttle .
« Last Edit: 25 February 2012, 22:32 by stevelfc »

Offline symsymma

• I live here
  • AGU POWER,drive it like u stole it!!!
Re: throttle body clean
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2012, 19:23 »
Cleaned mine last week easy job and settled straight away no problems and cured my idleing problem.as for the juddering might be ignition amp maybe.id just clean it anyway cant hurt for the sake of half hours time and a bit of carb cleaner.then run it for a week and see how it is :smiley:
« Last Edit: 24 February 2012, 19:26 by symsymma »
1.8T AGU 203bhp & 233lb/ft Rtech stage 1 custom remap,18"dezentz rims,lowered 40mm shocks n springs,whiteline 24mm adj rear arb,lcr axle bushes,polybushed arb,modified front bumper & valences,depo projector headlights,delocked,wrapped interior&bora gear knob,forge boost & coolant hoses,forge tip,forge 007p,samco vac hoses,simota aeroform cai,saiko michi catch can,deleted pcv system,r32 dogbone,miltek lg bore down pipe & sports cat/non res anni style system.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2012, 20:23 »
i have a 1.8 t agu    and was thinking of cleaning throttle body 2 moz mine as throttle cable  am i right once i have cleaned it will settle itself after a few miles and dont need to set it up . I have scanned car for faults no faults stored as car seems to judder very slight when driving at low speeds when letting off throttle only does it know and then  and some times feels to hold back very slightly when opening throttle .

Yeah give it a go  :smiley:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=87783.0

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline stevelfc

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2012, 18:15 »
done it today just  waiting for revs to adjust and settle how long or how many miles does this take

Offline symsymma

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 25 February 2012, 19:09 »
Mine settled after 3-5 miles i spose been all good since i done mine.
1.8T AGU 203bhp & 233lb/ft Rtech stage 1 custom remap,18"dezentz rims,lowered 40mm shocks n springs,whiteline 24mm adj rear arb,lcr axle bushes,polybushed arb,modified front bumper & valences,depo projector headlights,delocked,wrapped interior&bora gear knob,forge boost & coolant hoses,forge tip,forge 007p,samco vac hoses,simota aeroform cai,saiko michi catch can,deleted pcv system,r32 dogbone,miltek lg bore down pipe & sports cat/non res anni style system.

Offline stevelfc

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2012, 19:42 »
done about 8 miles and seems when you come to a stop and you press clutch down  it will rev about 1.300 rpm and slowly drop down to normal 800rpm its the AGU engine with cable
« Last Edit: 25 February 2012, 22:39 by stevelfc »

Offline symsymma

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 25 February 2012, 19:45 »
done about 8 miles and seems when you come to a stop it rev about 1.500 rpm and slowly drop down to normal its the AGU engine with cable
mines agu to mate,not sure tbh mine settled quickly and revs and idle all good.im sure someone else can advise you better than me every cars different i spose :laugh: :undecided: