Author Topic: List of phones for Rsap VW premium inside  (Read 42208 times)

Offline isse

• Not said much yet
  • Golf R
Re: List of phones for Rsap VW premium inside
« Reply #30 on: 25 May 2010, 18:16 »
I did, I purchased a pre coded module from the guys at Carsystems.pl and they shipped a precoded unit that just plugged straight in and worked!

Did you mount a new mic or could you use the original RNS510 voice control mic ?
I want to order this kit (or the new one) and want to use the facoty mounted mic i have with my RNS510.

/I

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 28 May 2010, 17:27 »
Blackberry and Iphone are not compatible with the VW Premium carkit.....

Been using a Bold 9700 with mine since day one though I do confess it hasn't been trouble free. Every once in awhile I loose connection and the only way to get things working again is to take the battery out of the phone and then reboot the phone. When connected it works like a charm. Fingers crossed it has been 3 weeks now since I have needed to do a reboot of the phone!
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
« Reply #32 on: 30 May 2010, 15:09 »
Right the new kit is the part number I gave on a previous page :wink: Its apparently Rsap and UHV so works with all phones but its also the premium so will give red and white display info and RNS510 compatible.

Darren

7P6 035 730C
« Last Edit: 30 May 2010, 15:13 by mortygt140 »

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 31 May 2010, 18:13 »
Right the new kit is the part number I gave on a previous page :wink: Its apparently Rsap and UHV so works with all phones but its also the premium so will give red and white display info and RNS510 compatible.

Darren

7P6 035 730C

Hi Darren, have you seen this kit working as yet as the only listings I can find for the 730C still says rSap only ???

Offline JulesS3

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 31 May 2010, 18:24 »
Odd the VW doesnt work with the iPhone as the one in my S3 works? Why didnt they just use the same kit in both?

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
« Reply #35 on: 02 June 2010, 06:56 »
Steve not seen it working but got one on order,  may be in my new car soon along with my new LED screen RNS :wink:

All I'm saying is its another VW, bigger, white and has CC on the rear :grin:

Darren :cool:

Offline Mr. Timewise

• Just got here
« Reply #36 on: 03 June 2010, 00:35 »
I'm in the states.

I received a 9W7 (7P6-035-730-C) today that will replace the 9W2 which came with my 2010 Jetta 2.5L Tip.

FYI...it is an exact size replacement for the 9W2...including an internal BT antenna.

I've plugged it in but don't know how to code it yet as Vag-Com (VCDS) doesn't recognize it. The RNS-510 doesn't see a cell phone connected.

Anyone have suggestions?

Jack

2010 US delivered Jetta SE 2.5L Tiptronic

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
« Reply #37 on: 03 June 2010, 05:58 »
My suspicions where correct then I didn't think this would be a replacement for the premium kit although I was advised it was going to be :sad:

Mr Timewise I presume by you saying its replacing the 9W2 then you will have module 77 in VCDS,  although it would be worth checking in the Can Gateway if Mod 77 is activated?

Can you get into the 9W2 module on VCDS any problems with that if not It could be that the 9W7 module is wired differently??

Darren

Offline Mr. Timewise

• Just got here
« Reply #38 on: 03 June 2010, 15:37 »
Mr Timewise I presume by you saying its replacing the 9W2 then you will have module 77 in VCDS,  although it would be worth checking in the Can Gateway if Mod 77 is activated?

Can you get into the 9W2 module on VCDS any problems with that if not It could be that the 9W7 module is wired differently??

Darren,

I now have everything working with the 9W7, identified as module 77 in VCDS. Yes, I originally had a 9W2 in the US delivered 2010 Jetta SE 2.5L Tiptronic gasser. The replacement was truly plug and play...no re-wiring, no re-coding. I bought the 9W7 via a VW dealer in the states so I assume when they took delivery from VW the 9W7 was already coded correctly for English (Ok, American English  :smiley:  )

I had to do two things: First I needed to link the telephone to the system. Second, using VCDS I had to re-code the MFSW to add "Push-To-Talk". My steering wheel was coded as 0001631, and is now 0001831. (The steering wheel was from a 2009 Passat CC. I also installed a 1K0-953-549-CD steering wheel control module in place of the original 1K0-953-549-CP.)

I have an RNS-510 which shows all the phone book info from the phone and the voice control is activated with the microphone button on the MFSW.

Oops..forgot to mention that the 9W7 also allows music from the iPod to be played just as did the 9W2.
« Last Edit: 03 June 2010, 15:47 by Mr. Timewise »
2010 US delivered Jetta SE 2.5L Tiptronic

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
« Reply #39 on: 03 June 2010, 16:11 »
Hi mr timewise any chance you can get some pics of all the functions,  what it gives you on the highline dash and what it gives you on the RNS510?

Cheers your info is greatly appreciated

Darren