Author Topic: Identify Me  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Ajay

• Not said much yet
Re: Identify Me
« Reply #10 on: 13 May 2015, 22:38 »
I've ordered a Vag Com aswell - i'm hoping it will show the temp readings and/or MAF readings so I can get an idea on whats going on

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2015, 18:33 »
That will definitely need to be plugged in unless you have standalone management. The ECU needs the reading off that sensor to work out the choke and general running. It's a dual circuit sensor, one circuit running back to the dash for the clocks (which you already have) and the other running to the ECU

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Ajay

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 15 May 2015, 17:56 »
Interesting! so if I have the temp gauge working, then its missing something somewhere in the loom itself to the ECU. Is there any way of identifying the plug? I.e does anyone know the wire colours? looked everywhere and cannot find the manual for an AGU otherwise I would look there.

Has anyone else got this setup?

Cheers

Alex

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #13 on: 15 May 2015, 19:38 »
ignore all of that, I've just noticed the temp sensor behind that one! It looks plugged in...

Can you get a part number off that beige sensor? I'll see if I can find what it does on ETKA

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175