Author Topic: Leaded and super unleaded mpg  (Read 5757 times)

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
Re: Leaded and super unleaded mpg
« Reply #10 on: 01 February 2019, 20:42 »
I've found I get slightly better economy out of Momentum99 compared to V-Power.

The car feels more responsive with V-Power but only slightly.

1.209 - Momentum 99
1.279 - V-Power

I'm putting in £55-£60 in the car 6 days

If you feel V-Power is too expensive, Momentum 99 is the next best IMO. I was talking to the VW tech last time I was in and they're getting loads of issues with MK6's through owners using poor fuel.

Offline BlinGTIes

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 01 February 2019, 23:35 »
Sorry guys, I wasn’t being clear.

I have always used 95 since I got the car a year ago. I just decided to try super the other week to see if there was any difference. It was marginal. I went back onto the 95 and have found it isn’t as economical as when I was using it before.

The range read out seems to be decreasing twice as fast as the actual miles I’m doing! I don’t remember this happening before. Could it be because of the cold too? Or fact I have switched from super to regular and it will take a while for the engine to ‘recalibrate’ itself to burn it more efficiently?

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 02 February 2019, 09:36 »
It'll be because of how cold it is I would imagine. I get roughly 40-50 miles less per tank in the winter.

Offline Grahamt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 06 February 2019, 06:27 »

[/quote]

When I reach the point when I can't afford to lose £2.50 a month then I may reconsider :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Indeed........if I ever get to that point the GTI will be history 😂😂😂

Oh forgot it's not even real yet.......still running a Mk4 Tdi, 190k, owned from new in 2003, never ever failed best car ever. I'm sure the new one won't be as reliable with all the complexities of modern cars, dsg, gasoline particulate filters and goodness only knows what other stuff I don't really need but I'm still looking  forward to getting it, delivery mid March I'm told.
Golf 7.5 GTI, 2019MY, DSG, Atlantic blue, 90% rear tints.

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 06 February 2019, 16:38 »
If you've got a costco card then fill up on their RON99 super unleaded for the same price as regular unleaded at the local supermarket, it's all i've used since getting the car.
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline Crockers

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 11 February 2019, 20:52 »
I wonder how much the perception of extra performance is just that...a perception.

I can remember when a spring broke on my Mercedes. I asked them to fit new tyres of a different make at the same time. On the way home I thought the tyres were much better. When I got home I looked at them and realised they had forgotten to change the tyres.

Perception.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 11 February 2019, 22:42 »
Everyone has an opinion on this but I use shell V power purely for the additives and the hope it's going to keep the engine cleaner than using supermarket fuel. Plus every article in VW Driver for example always advocates using a good quality fuel.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 12 February 2019, 09:17 »
I wonder how much the perception of extra performance is just that...a perception.

I can remember when a spring broke on my Mercedes. I asked them to fit new tyres of a different make at the same time. On the way home I thought the tyres were much better. When I got home I looked at them and realised they had forgotten to change the tyres.

Perception.

Whoops, presumably you had paid for the tyres too :laugh: