Author Topic: Fog lights?? Please help!!!!!!  (Read 957 times)

Offline GCGTI

• Not said much yet
Fog lights?? Please help!!!!!!
« on: 16 November 2010, 21:09 »
I am trying to work out how to fit fog lights to my 93 gti. I have purchased a new light switch that includes a front fog setting, and it functions normally with the existing lights heads fogs etc. There appears to be a spare loop on the loom, a green wire and a blue/yellow are simply looped together through a clip. Are these the wires I need to attach to my new switch and then wire my fogs in to the relating fuse?? I hope that all makes sense I'm no sparky sorry. All advice very welcome.
« Last Edit: 16 November 2010, 22:51 by GCGTI »

Offline 01664gti

• I live here
  • mk3 hatch mk3 wagon and mk2 16v
Re: Fog lights?? Please help!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2010, 06:13 »
When i fitted mine it was just the case of fitting the front loom and fogs and then sitting in the car and plugging the switch in. No tinkering required just plug and play

Offline chrisford_vw

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2010, 10:18 »
Mine came with a loom that clips in  just above the back of the front VW badge (big round plug)

Offline harlemex

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2010, 15:41 »
Yes, you need the whole light loom with the clips for fogs on them. As above, the loom starts with the big round plug on top of the radiator.

Offline GCGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2010, 20:32 »
 :sad:thanks guys, tried to buy a loom on ebay today and missed out by 50p (went for 22 quid). Guess its off to the local vw breakers for me!!

On the plus side though i did pick up a 93 gti today for 200 quid so not all bad.

Cheers Glen  :smiley: :smiley: