Author Topic: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!  (Read 261843 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!
« Reply #600 on: 03 April 2009, 00:19 »
here are a couple from today still need to figure out the best way to mount the rig and wider lens and better ps skills :D but practise practise practise !!

oh my... OMFG  :shocked:

i think i just did a sex wee  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Komenda

• I live here
« Reply #601 on: 03 April 2009, 09:02 »

Awesome, I have to get me one these. How are you firing the camera though, and what settings are you using as you obviously can't adjust the shots on the fly.

I assume you set your focus point first then go on the move.

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #602 on: 03 April 2009, 09:07 »
well with these shots they are in manual focus so before i set off i get the car in focus, Ive just bought a wireless remote so i have a remote that fires the camera which is cool and cost about £20 setting wise is in shutter priority ISO 100 and been playing with different exposures between 2.4 and 6 seconds think the longer the exposure the more blur dependign how fast the car crawls forward but the only problem with the long exposures is the picture might allso get over exposed, i was shooting these in a underground car park as i tried some in the day light and htey were just too bright, waiting for my ND filter to come through and then try some outdoor ones :) but I love the Rig cost £325 but worth it !!

Offline Komenda

• I live here
« Reply #603 on: 03 April 2009, 10:10 »

I'll have to buy a longer remote.

The contrast on those two shots is exceptional though, but I can imagine the longer exposures are going to be tricky. I generally shoot all my motorsport stuff with a polarizer as it cuts out the reflection and makes cars appear clearer as you can see through windows etc. This takes it down a couple of stops so may be ideal for this sort of thing.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #604 on: 03 April 2009, 10:11 »
I can see some sweet pics being taken at Oxford ;)

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #605 on: 03 April 2009, 10:17 »

The contrast on those two shots is exceptional though, but I can imagine the longer exposures are going to be tricky. I generally shoot all my motorsport stuff with a polarizer as it cuts out the reflection and makes cars appear clearer as you can see through windows etc. This takes it down a couple of stops so may be ideal for this sort of thing.

yeah i had my polarizer filter on which does help !! and yeah shady i got some idea i want to play with ;)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #606 on: 03 April 2009, 10:19 »
Well you know I'm down with ideas :)

Blazing Storm

« Reply #607 on: 03 April 2009, 10:19 »

yeah i had my polarizer filter on which does help !! and yeah shady i got some idea i want to play with ;)

Out of interest, which polariser filter do you have?

Offline twistedblack69

• I live here
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
« Reply #608 on: 03 April 2009, 20:58 »
OMFG those pics are awesome. I know it's a stupid question....but was the car moving, or did you jus PS a sh!tload of effects on??

Offline jeynesey

• I live here
  • Non VW but still VAG
« Reply #609 on: 03 April 2009, 21:11 »
OMFG those pics are awesome. I know it's a stupid question....but was the car moving, or did you jus PS a sh!tload of effects on??

Fantastic work mate!!
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D

Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/