Author Topic: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!  (Read 263366 times)

Offline Conker

• I live here
Re: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!
« Reply #360 on: 17 January 2009, 15:38 »
↑↑↑↑

Didn't know you were into redheads?!

:laugh:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #361 on: 17 January 2009, 15:41 »
 :grin:

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
« Reply #362 on: 17 January 2009, 17:29 »
Beautiful shot of the dog Stink :)

So I went into Town today for Lunch with my girlfriend and to do some Street Photography. Didn't go so well - no, I didn't get beaten up for taking photos of people! It just felt really weird and like I was committing a horrible crime, even though it's perfectly legal in a public place.

My girlfriend kicked off a bit too, when I photographed a Clown with two kids who were hitting eachother with their balloons. She reckons it's illegal to photograph children in a public place without consent, but not if used for personal use.

..Maybe I'll just leave this Street Photography for now.. Just seems to be far too much hassle for what it's worth in today's disgustingly PC environment.

FFS I'm a 19 yr old lad taking photos with my GF. I'm hardly a terrorist/peadophile!

Blazing Storm

« Reply #363 on: 17 January 2009, 17:34 »
Beautiful shot of the dog Stink :)

So I went into Town today for Lunch with my girlfriend and to do some Street Photography. Didn't go so well - no, I didn't get beaten up for taking photos of people! It just felt really weird and like I was committing a horrible crime, even though it's perfectly legal in a public place.

My girlfriend kicked off a bit too, when I photographed a Clown with two kids who were hitting eachother with their balloons. She reckons it's illegal to photograph children in a public place without consent, but not if used for personal use.

..Maybe I'll just leave this Street Photography for now.. Just seems to be far too much hassle for what it's worth in today's disgustingly PC environment.

FFS I'm a 19 yr old lad taking photos with my GF. I'm hardly a terrorist/peadophile!

I know exactly what you mean. It's a sad world we live in.

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
« Reply #364 on: 17 January 2009, 18:11 »
It's terrible that 10 years ago, we'd never have this problem. It's all down to the media portraying anyone taking photos in public are taking them for the wrong reasons..

I mean, c'mon - If I were a terrorist/peadophile do they think I'd be so open about taking them? I'd be hid in a bush with a telephoto lens!  :grin:

Been talking to my mother about it who was very strongly against me taking photos of people in people, specifically children. *sigh*  :undecided:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1035315/Father-branded-pervert--photographing-children-public-park.html

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #365 on: 22 January 2009, 12:22 »
So i was supose to be some portait photos of my friend charlie last night, but i couldnt get hold of her! So decided to try some b/w ones of muggins here

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
« Reply #366 on: 22 January 2009, 20:09 »
awesome shots, Stink :) got the black and white perfect. What gear did you use for those pictures?

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #367 on: 22 January 2009, 21:44 »
awesome shots, Stink :) got the black and white perfect. What gear did you use for those pictures?

cheers,havent really done much Mono work, i used my 35-135 lens, flash gun bounced of my wall was on the 'P' setting at 400 ISO thats about it really cant remember hat zoom i was at bu tim sure if you look at the photo details it will say cant remember how to do that :P

a few from tonight

« Last Edit: 22 January 2009, 21:59 by the_stink »

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #368 on: 22 January 2009, 23:07 »

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #369 on: 22 January 2009, 23:10 »