Author Topic: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!  (Read 264005 times)

Offline Thom89

• Forum addict
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!
« Reply #350 on: 14 January 2009, 01:16 »
looks like a karmann ghia

Very rare "Lowlight" version at that.... Hens teeth!
Tom

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #351 on: 15 January 2009, 10:41 »

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #352 on: 15 January 2009, 11:50 »
Ooooh I like that Joe.

nick

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #353 on: 15 January 2009, 11:59 »
Ooooh I like that Joe.

nick

cheers mate you should hear it when im shredding ;)

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
« Reply #354 on: 15 January 2009, 18:16 »
bennyboy:  :grin: 5! Drinking in our hotel room. I wanted a group shot on the mountain but they were being p!ssy about it so we got cosy ;)

Guy: The snow wasn't very good to be honest! Didn't snow once during the week.. There were snow cannons but the amount they put out only affected the snow quality up until about 10AM  :rolleyes:

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
« Reply #355 on: 15 January 2009, 21:36 »
Got bored tonight so thought I'd have some fun photographing all the chocolate I have left from Christmas! My girlfriend did an incredible job of eating all the horrible penny chews from the Quality Street.. she loves them!

I've also been asked to photograph a Christening next Sunday.. It's the Christening of the baby I posted a picture of at around page 30 - the super cute one, so I should enjoy it! Pretty nervous about it though.. I'm trying to decide what equipment to take and how to handle the lack of light there is going to be inside the church! They want group shots of upto 12ish people afterwards too. Any tips for this day anyone?

Blazing Storm

« Reply #356 on: 15 January 2009, 22:10 »
I've also been asked to photograph a Christening next Sunday.. It's the Christening of the baby I posted a picture of at around page 30 - the super cute one, so I should enjoy it! Pretty nervous about it though.. I'm trying to decide what equipment to take and how to handle the lack of light there is going to be inside the church! They want group shots of upto 12ish people afterwards too. Any tips for this day anyone?

Best tip I can give as you'll not be able to use a tripod is to take your fastest lens, which will have the largest available f-stop and to shoot at a higher ISO. This should stop camera shake as you'll be able to shoot at a fast shutter speed. If you have a monopod take that as that will also help.

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
« Reply #357 on: 15 January 2009, 22:25 »
Thanks 8 ball :)

I'll be taking the nifty fifty then! Canon's 50mm £50.00 1.8 lens. I think they've put the prices up to about £70 now though?  :rolleyes:

I'll be using my tripod for the group photos so could use a different lens for that. For those I have a choice of:

50mm 1.8
kit lens canon 18-55
sigma 28-200mm (losing faith more every day in this lens, it's becoming rubbish)
Sigma 10-20mm lens (excellent lens, not sure if it'll be even too wide at 20mm?)

I've started a "52 Challenge" over on Talk Photography. I dont have time to do the 365 (one a day) so doing one a week :)
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=106086

I've also treated myself to a lovely new tripod. http://www1.clikpic.com/Redsnapper/photo_3193393.html

That lovely bit of kit! All the reviews have said it's a fantastic quality tripod for the price :)

Blazing Storm

« Reply #358 on: 15 January 2009, 22:49 »
With group shots you'll want around f11 for reasonable depth of field and I'd tend to focus on the eyes of the people in the front row (If there's more than one row). The 18-55mm lens might be the right one for this; up to you really.

Tripods are great, I'm loving my Manfrotto.

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #359 on: 17 January 2009, 15:25 »