Author Topic: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!  (Read 263079 times)

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!
« Reply #300 on: 06 January 2009, 22:40 »
Yeah they are seriously seriously good.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #301 on: 06 January 2009, 22:40 »
I'd really love to get into Photography, I love the way you can get certain things to come out but I don't know the first thing about Photography.

First off I need a decent camera which I don't have. :(

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #302 on: 06 January 2009, 22:41 »
yeah the remote i got let me take these photos and for £10 bargin, well i got a 18-55mm lens a 35-135mm lens i need to try and get soem money for a sigma 10-20mm, but if you can invest in a good tripod the one i bought was about £60 but well worth the money :wink:
Is your fisheye just an add on for your lens?

Blazing Storm

« Reply #303 on: 06 January 2009, 22:45 »
I'd really love to get into Photography, I love the way you can get certain things to come out but I don't know the first thing about Photography.

Good time to buy one. You can get a Canon EOS 1000D Digital SLR with 18-55mm IS Lens for £314 and get £30 cashback on top of that. Excellent camera to learn on too. :wink:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #304 on: 06 January 2009, 22:49 »
yeah the remote i got let me take these photos and for £10 bargin, well i got a 18-55mm lens a 35-135mm lens i need to try and get soem money for a sigma 10-20mm, but if you can invest in a good tripod the one i bought was about £60 but well worth the money :wink:
Is your fisheye just an add on for your lens?

na i havent got one mate  :tongue:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #305 on: 06 January 2009, 22:51 »
Ah right, coulda sworn you had!  :tongue:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #306 on: 06 January 2009, 22:53 »

Good time to buy one. You can get a Canon EOS 1000D Digital SLR with 18-55mm IS Lens for £314 and get £30 cashback on top of that. Excellent camera to learn on too. :wink:
Indeed, I don't really know anything about photography, but took the plunge and bought a Sony A200, with 18-70mm lens.  It's a quality camera, only £249, and £30 cashback  :smiley:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #307 on: 06 January 2009, 23:05 »

Indeed, I don't really know anything about photography, but took the plunge and bought a Sony A200, with 18-70mm lens.  It's a quality camera, only £249, and £30 cashback  :smiley:

you pleased with it Bob?  it's getting great reviews

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #308 on: 06 January 2009, 23:25 »
now all the Sony users have cottoned on that the old Minoltas work.

Not strictly true.
While the fitting is the same, not all Minolta fit lenses will work with Sony cameras. It's to do with the electronics and whether the lenses and camera body can communicate all the right information.
This did interest me as I already have a Minolta Dynax film SLR, so getting a Sony camera that could share lenses would be good.
But apparently it's a bit hit and miss.

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #309 on: 06 January 2009, 23:28 »
Some awesome looking shots in this thread  :cool:

Same here, could see myself getting a camera sometime in the future
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...