Author Topic: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!  (Read 261867 times)

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
Re: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!
« Reply #880 on: 30 June 2009, 00:05 »
Awesome shots!! :D Loving the guy on the right's neck tattoo  :cool:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #881 on: 30 June 2009, 08:49 »
Awesome shots!! :D Loving the guy on the right's neck tattoo  :cool:

Thats my Singer Toby  :wink:

Offline gjroe78

• I live here
  • http://shop.ebay.co.uk/mattroe2007/m.html
« Reply #882 on: 30 June 2009, 08:53 »
How the feck do you allways get your pictures soooooooooooo crisp and clear  :cool:
<br /><br />+ a 1.8T Bora Sport(R-Tech\'ed to 213bhp)

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #883 on: 30 June 2009, 09:00 »
How the feck do you allways get your pictures soooooooooooo crisp and clear  :cool:

um they just so hahaha I did use my 50mm prime and that lens always gives crisp photos  :wink:

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
« Reply #884 on: 30 June 2009, 11:02 »
I think I need to start using my fifty more often! It's taken a back seat since I got my sigma 2.8 24-70  :undecided:

Got a question for you guys as I know there's a few of you that have pulled it off perfectly. Could I get some good advice/info on how to do the shots of the driver on a long exposure? It's going to be my shot for July's photo competition for my local vw club :) The theme is "Perspective"  :shocked:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #885 on: 30 June 2009, 22:06 »
I think I need to start using my fifty more often! It's taken a back seat since I got my sigma 2.8 24-70  :undecided:

Got a question for you guys as I know there's a few of you that have pulled it off perfectly. Could I get some good advice/info on how to do the shots of the driver on a long exposure? It's going to be my shot for July's photo competition for my local vw club :) The theme is "Perspective"  :shocked:

set your tripod up in the back of your car and set the shutter speed to 1" may need a ND filter if its during the day time

here are a few more

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #886 on: 30 June 2009, 22:26 »
By no means the best photo (was taken on my OLD Sony 3.2MP camera a while ago now) but watched a program on Concorde on BBC4 last night and it reminded me of this photo. Used to fly over our house every day a 5:10 on the dot, no matter where you where in the house you would hear her, she has been sorely missed :(

According to my computer it was taken 30 July 2003.

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
« Reply #887 on: 30 June 2009, 22:33 »

set your tripod up in the back of your car and set the shutter speed to 1" may need a ND filter if its during the day time

here are a few more

Some more great shots there stink - what was your lighting set up for the shots?

So what kind of speed is best? Nice and slow on a smooth road? My jetta isn't exactly the smoothest of rides!

Offline Asbo Sovfinger

• GTI forum regular
  • I drink your milkshake!!
« Reply #888 on: 01 July 2009, 22:35 »
here are a couple from tonight my singers other band 'The Remnants'

That's Ben ex-of Grebo right?  And Toby was the singer in a band I can't remember the name of...I thought I recognise his gallery of pictures (tattoos in my stupid little world).
'06 Ford Mondeo ST TDCi estate - Machine Silver with full leather Recaro interior (Black)

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #889 on: 01 July 2009, 22:42 »
yeah ben from grebo and Toby was in AKO and NWS