Author Topic: Remap 2014 Golf GTI PP  (Read 6852 times)

Offline chris.mk7gti

• Just got here
  • 2014 MK7 VW GOLF GTI PP
Remap 2014 Golf GTI PP
« on: 17 January 2018, 20:54 »
Hi Guys, :cool:

Any recommendations on who can map my 2014 GTI Performance Pack

What sort of figures can I expect, have other MK7 owners had this and not carried out internal modifications

Thanks Guys

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
Re: Remap 2014 Golf GTI PP
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2018, 21:17 »
I used dtuk and purchased a tuning box which I find fantastic. Although not quite as powerful as a revo map, they are still quoting around 305 bhp and it certainly feels it. I got this primarily to safeguard my warranty, but it is also adjustable which I like :)
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2018, 20:11 »
Hi Guys, :cool:

Any recommendations on who can map my 2014 GTI Performance Pack

What sort of figures can I expect, have other MK7 owners had this and not carried out internal modifications

Thanks Guys
e

Speak to Rueben at Tuningwekes located in Croydon. Apr dealer and Vag specalist.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2018, 13:06 »
I used dtuk and purchased a tuning box which I find fantastic. Although not quite as powerful as a revo map, they are still quoting around 305 bhp and it certainly feels it. I got this primarily to safeguard my warranty, but it is also adjustable which I like :)

What's this like in terms of difference to stock as I'm considering one for my Mk7.5 GTI? I'm guessing 1st and 2nd are less useable and it's 3rd where you can really feel the power difference?
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2018, 15:24 »

What's this like in terms of difference to stock as I'm considering one for my Mk7.5 GTI? I'm guessing 1st and 2nd are less useable and it's 3rd where you can really feel the power difference?

I've got the same 2014 PP with a DTUK tuning box fitted.

I can see where you're coming from with the 'less usable', but they're hardly any less usable than before. I would guess you don't drive everywhere with the traction control switched off, so it's virtually as usable as the traction control will kick in at roughly the same time.

With the way the PP diff keeps the front end planted coming out of corners, I don't feel there's any drop off in the way it pulls. Admittedly in low grip situations it's a bit more likely to go straight on (with both front wheels spinning like mad) but it's unlikely to happen with the driving aids on and the diff helps put the extra power down really well.

Also, remember it'll only go as fast as you push the pedal down!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!