Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 625413 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #630 on: 20 June 2013, 17:38 »
Reeeeeeeeemap. Well not on the Golf, my Passat with the same engine, but the golf will be next.

It was a bit of a spur of the moment as I was working around 3 miles away from CC Tuning at Burton-upon-Trent, so called in for a chat to begin with. Due to my car being a DSG and not been able to put the full power down without it changing gear, Chris couldn't get a full power plot, but before and after runs showed a 40hp and 49lb ft gain. Very, very please with that.

Even better is the economy. The 75 miles trip up there this morning saw a trip computer average of 56mpg. The trip home was 64mpg. Now I appreciate I'm not going to see those sort of figures on everyday running around, but I'm expecting it to return the same sort of economy that my Golf does.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #631 on: 20 June 2013, 18:13 »
Reeeeeeeeemap. Well not on the Golf, my Passat with the same engine, but the golf will be next.

It was a bit of a spur of the moment as I was working around 3 miles away from CC Tuning at Burton-upon-Trent, so called in for a chat to begin with. Due to my car being a DSG and not been able to put the full power down without it changing gear, Chris couldn't get a full power plot, but before and after runs showed a 40hp and 49lb ft gain. Very, very please with that.

Even better is the economy. The 75 miles trip up there this morning saw a trip computer average of 56mpg. The trip home was 64mpg. Now I appreciate I'm not going to see those sort of figures on everyday running around, but I'm expecting it to return the same sort of economy that my Golf does.

we are talking diesel yeah?.....

what was the standard BHP before?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #632 on: 20 June 2013, 18:40 »
Yeah, 140 CR. The best he could get was 132bhp on the first run due to having to feather the throttle to avoid it down changing and buggering up the dyno plot. The second run was 172bhp. Given that most manuals he's done make a smidge over 140bhp on the first full power run, It ought to be somewhere in the region of 180bhp now.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #633 on: 20 June 2013, 19:10 »
Yeah, 140 CR. The best he could get was 132bhp on the first run due to having to feather the throttle to avoid it down changing and buggering up the dyno plot. The second run was 172bhp. Given that most manuals he's done make a smidge over 140bhp on the first full power run, It ought to be somewhere in the region of 180bhp now.

very nice....does the power come on a bit earlier as well?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #634 on: 20 June 2013, 20:40 »

I was considering a remap for the fuel economy gains I just can't get mine over 72.2mpg on a trip to work. It just won't do it. It is way over the claimed Max of 65.X mpg though.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #635 on: 20 June 2013, 22:53 »
Seriously? cant get over 72.2.....WTF. Why did you buy a GTD if your that bothered about mileage. You obviously bought it so it had some power, use it and have fun....

If my GTI ever averages over 30mpg on the second dial i soon sort that out.....You only live once.  :laugh: :grin: :laugh:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #636 on: 21 June 2013, 13:10 »

I was considering a remap for the fuel economy gains I just can't get mine over 72.2mpg on a trip to work. It just won't do it. It is way over the claimed Max of 65.X mpg though.

I've just driven 20 miles down the A49 after filling the Passat up, following the lorries at 40mph and been as economical as I can, and averaged 76.6mpg. I've now got a theoretical range to empty of 1050 miles. We all know that's not going to happen, but it looks good.

Seriously? cant get over 72.2.....WTF. Why did you buy a GTD if your that bothered about mileage. You obviously bought it so it had some power, use it and have fun....

Having a nice car that happens to be brisk, doesn't mean you have to drive it quickly. Some of us get pleasure out of just owning something nice without having to use it.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #637 on: 21 June 2013, 13:56 »

I've just driven 20 miles down the A49 after filling the Passat up, following the lorries at 40mph and been as economical as I can, and averaged 76.6mpg. I've now got a theoretical range to empty of 1050 miles. We all know that's not going to happen, but it looks good.

Having a nice car that happens to be brisk, doesn't mean you have to drive it quickly. Some of us get pleasure out of just owning something nice without having to use it.

I literally have no idea what your talking about and have never felt that way.

Saying that when i get to 60 that mentality will probably kick in   :tongue:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #638 on: 21 June 2013, 20:07 »
Trust me after 56,000 odd miles it hasn't all been done at 72.2mpg, it doesnt have 0-60 in 7.8 seconds for nothing. Or able to do 115mph in 4th (obviously on a private runway). Its ability to overtake is fantastic. :wink:
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #639 on: 02 July 2013, 22:03 »
Nothing, but tonight a blackbird family decided that the roof of my car was the perfect place for their chick to fledge the nest, and the perfect launch pad for junior's first flight!
« Last Edit: 02 July 2013, 22:08 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11