Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 625363 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #650 on: 04 July 2013, 20:57 »

the car is awesome. much more fun to drive than my golf - handling is really good and brakes are fricking class.

i love the golf for its ease of use, practicality and comfort, plus its pace without any effort required makes life easy but the clio is always the car i choose to drive if im not ferrying kids around with me.
I had a mates 172 today and had fun zipping in and out the back streets of newcastle, not as good as yours probably, but it makes you realise how slow the golfs steering is, how dulled it steering feel is, , how long the gear change is and the gearing is, how poor the brake pedal feel is. How massive wide the golf is.
Loved the quick turn in and darty nature of the renault.

Oh and to keep on topic. I left mine in the garage :grin:
« Last Edit: 04 July 2013, 21:00 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Marshy

« Reply #651 on: 04 July 2013, 20:58 »
Today I fitted the blue main beam upgrade kit.
Took a little bit of time to get them to fit perfectly but got there in the end.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #652 on: 04 July 2013, 21:14 »

the car is awesome. much more fun to drive than my golf - handling is really good and brakes are fricking class.

i love the golf for its ease of use, practicality and comfort, plus its pace without any effort required makes life easy but the clio is always the car i choose to drive if im not ferrying kids around with me.
I had a mates 172 today and had fun zipping in and out the back streets of newcastle, not as good as yours probably, but it makes you realise how slow the golfs steering is, how dulled it steering feel is, , how long the gear change is and the gearing is, how poor the brake pedal feel is. How massive wide the golf is.
Loved the quick turn in and darty nature of the renault.

Oh and to keep on topic. I left mine in the garage :grin:

I've been driving my Mk2 around this week. I'd totally forgotten what a brilliant little car it is, despite being 23 years old. As for my Mk6, that's been in the garage too. I'm half way through polishing the bejezzus out of it, ready the the concourse at Inters on Sunday.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #653 on: 04 July 2013, 21:22 »
Beat my 72.2mpg gallon high.

73mpg by Techie_Ali, on Flickr
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #654 on: 04 July 2013, 21:28 »

This makes me wanna  :cry:

I reached the heady heights of 32mpg today!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #655 on: 04 July 2013, 21:43 »

This makes me wanna  :cry:

I reached the heady heights of 32mpg today!

I have to admit I try very hard. Its impressive as my GTD is only supposed to do 65.2mpg Extra Urban.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #656 on: 04 July 2013, 21:58 »
You need to go buy a Prius or at least go on the Prius forums.....They would love you over there
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #657 on: 04 July 2013, 22:52 »
You need to go buy a Prius or at least go on the Prius forums.....They would love you over there

I hear the Prius mpg is not as good. They might hate me. :grin:

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #658 on: 04 July 2013, 23:15 »
Holy sh!t, that's rapid  :shocked:

Sure is!    This helps a little...... :wink:

Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #659 on: 04 July 2013, 23:30 »
Holy sh!t, that's rapid  :shocked:

Sure is!    This helps a little...... :wink:

You still on the K04?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11