Author Topic: RacingLine R600  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
Re: RacingLine R600
« Reply #10 on: 24 March 2021, 19:44 »
Right :grin: Feel like my options are quite limited still then

I think my first step will be disconnecting the Soundaktor and seeing what that is like. After a quick look on YouTube it seems like the foam sound insulation on the inside of the bonnet just clips on and off and might make a difference. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 24 March 2021, 20:00 »
Have a go with the diverter spacer... Cheap, easy...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 24 March 2021, 20:12 »
Right :grin: Feel like my options are quite limited still then

I think my first step will be disconnecting the Soundaktor and seeing what that is like. After a quick look on YouTube it seems like the foam sound insulation on the inside of the bonnet just clips on and off and might make a difference. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Limited but you have an easy choice. Disable the soundaktor as you say and then fit the CSS rear silencer. It’s brilliant,just right and what it should have come with from the factory. Forget the intake.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2021, 20:15 by Carbon VW »
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 24 March 2021, 21:51 »
... it’s properly made and even as far as your insurance is concerned it could be argued is a standard part “yeah, the car came with it on, it has a VW part number on it and so I assumed it was standard fit innit”

This did make me chuckle and tbh is what I have said before pretty much word for word  :grin:

Agree though it's a no brainer and was the route I was planning to take until the modded GTI came up with the Akra.