Author Topic: anyone think this black 16v's cheap  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
anyone think this black 16v's cheap
« on: 25 June 2009, 20:48 »
I went to see it. The bodywork is it greta nick only 2 onwers and lots of receipts. He had it from 75k owner selling. It had been sitting ages but still ran ok.
downside is 151k rear dampers are shot and make car jolt and bouncy. mot and tax until august. interiors very nice cond.

Most i could get him to is £400 is this  agood deal? dont think its for me anyway  as needs a new front tyre and rear dampers plus gearbox is a tad vague but not to bad just the minor bushes or something i bet.
Is it dear to get rear shockers done? it did idle high until out on a test but wa sok when got back and restarted it? maybe just as not been used that much.

has all history and mots, may be good for someone but is out the way a bit. If h elet me have it 350 prob would of had it but doubt il get around to fixing teh issues.

Also it didnt have a twin exhaust :undecided: though all had two pipes coming of back box.

Sure it cheap for someone circumstances, dont know the guy at all but was a very nice area and seamed a very genuine low owner car. Paint work great for milage and price as good as some 1500 cars around

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190316821121

that is it. Only looked as is fairly near me and wanted too see it in a view to buying.

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: anyone think this black 16v's cheap
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2009, 20:54 »
Tyre kicker! :angry:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2009, 21:12 »
i was going to buy it but it made my foot feel sore as i get that with a few cars that have high milage engine with my illness dont ask ha.

I never view anything i'm not planning on buying so im not a tyre kicker :smiley:, did kick the tyres though acually  :evil: :laugh:
« Last Edit: 25 June 2009, 21:13 by Britman »

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #3 on: 25 June 2009, 22:18 »
Looks / sounds pretty good for that sort of money. If it wasn't far away id be tempted to check it myself.

Offline blackbeautymk2

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2009, 02:28 »
Just bought this motor!, spot on, cheap valver, needs some rear axle bushes, a tyre, and needs gear linkage bushes looking at. Nothing major.
High tickover due to a vaccum pipe air leak, sorted.

Cheap as chips for an on the road valver at £350!

good work!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2009, 08:40 »
think you got a bargain there chap!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 28 June 2009, 10:00 »
Bargain

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 28 June 2009, 23:03 »
glad u got it mate, i would of had it but not in position to get work done at the mo to much on. I think i want an e30 cab or audi cab anyway, I knew it was cheap, the interior and bodywork was it great nick and had tonnes of receipts. Did you buy it from seeing it on here mate.