Author Topic: Tim-Mk2 - mk2 1.3 ruff ryder  (Read 15863 times)

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Tim-Mk2 - mk2 1.3 ruff ryder
« on: 01 November 2005, 13:39 »
here you go matey :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Tim-Mk2

• GTI forum regular
  • now extra wide....
Re: Tim-Mk2 - mk2 1.3 ruff ryder
« Reply #1 on: 01 November 2005, 19:27 »
1-NOV-2005

.....thanks jv!

well to start off my car is a 1992 golf mk2 1.3 ryder!

and this is the story of how it became mine:

i first saw the car on auto trader and decided to go a see it all the way in halifax! after a long debait  :undecided: and alot of head scratching :rolleyes: I decided to part with the grand total of £375 for it on the 1-oct-05!  :grin:
the next weekend i made arangments with a friend to drive up and then drive it back! we did all the normal checks (water, oil, ...etc...) and started home! as some of you may know that on 1 side of halifax there is a hell of a hill and the car was judding like crazy! so i had to drop it 2 gears and play with the cluch all the way up! :shocked:! This continued for quite awhile so by the time we reached the M6 i wasnt goin to take the chance!
I pulled over and poped the bonnet and discovered that all my water was used up and there was none in the pipes!
called the AA and he came and cleaned inside the dizzy cleaned the sparks and discovered my problem! there was a hole through the outside of the watertank that went through intho the middlebit and it had leaked EVERYWERE!! :huh:

so after a quick patch up we set off a got home saftly at the great speed of 80mph!!  :evil:

heres just a couple of pics of when we stoped at the services!

enjoy! :smiley:

« Last Edit: 19 January 2006, 18:11 by Tim-Mk2 »
Tim.
Golf Mk2 1.3 Ryder

Checkout my Mk2[/b]

Offline Tim-Mk2

• GTI forum regular
  • now extra wide....
« Reply #2 on: 01 November 2005, 19:39 »
1-NOV-2005

since then i have done a few things to it but nothing major!
I have purchased a set of 16's but found that 1 of them was to badly buckled so ill be pickin up a new set soon!
The new set will be azev a look alikes!

a pic of the alloys:

here are some more pics of the ruff ryder a few days after i got it home!

really need to get out that dent!

Hopefully i can get my hands n a set of recaros!!

and engine is a bit shineyer now as i have some wire brushes for a drill!!!

Enjoy! :smiley:
« Last Edit: 19 January 2006, 18:13 by Tim-Mk2 »
Tim.
Golf Mk2 1.3 Ryder

Checkout my Mk2[/b]

Offline Tim-Mk2

• GTI forum regular
  • now extra wide....
« Reply #3 on: 01 November 2005, 19:47 »
1-NOV-2005

i now have sitting in my garage the following items which ill try and fit on the next dry day in sunny north wales! :grin:

Big Bumpers
16" alloys
single light debaged grill
clear front inducators
crystal smoked rear lights
scorpian letterbox back box
2x 15" tornado 600watt subs
1000watt amp
Mounteny steeringwheel and boss

also as it has been raining so much i desided to try and colour code my interior!

heres some pics! (ignor the golf ball gearknob made it for a laugh but now have a proper gti gearknob and leather gaiter as i had a rubber 1!!)

also a piccie of my exhaust! (just layed under car!)

« Last Edit: 19 January 2006, 18:15 by Tim-Mk2 »
Tim.
Golf Mk2 1.3 Ryder

Checkout my Mk2[/b]

Offline Tim-Mk2

• GTI forum regular
  • now extra wide....
« Reply #4 on: 05 November 2005, 10:36 »
5-Nov-2005

well done quite abit in the last 5 days!
first of all i thought id fit my exhaust but then relised i better fit my rear Big bumper!
so i did and it was fine exept for on the drivers side were the arch is wider for the fuel spout it stops the arm of the Big bumper to go all the way in so looks....od!
anyway I then went anout fitting my exhaust and it went without much trouble!

also decided to fit my front B Bumper! I did this last nite in the cold and dark cous it wasnt raining and couldnt see very well!
My 2 light badgles grill arrived from sellers this morning and fitted it also! when i got out to my garage i looked at my standered grill and thought it really looked nice! then fitted my new grill and wasnt so sure!

take a look at the new pics and pm me what you think i should do either keep debaged grill or put standered back on!

(In this pic the side aint on rite cous the bit on the bumper that hooks on to the bracket is broken at the top!)

also off to cheshire today to get a new set of alloys as 1 of mine is badly damaged (thanks to previous owner!!! :angry:)
and ive decided to get my self a set of 16x7.5 azev a's as  liked to look of them!

will get soe more pics today when i put the alloys on!

Enjoy! :smiley:
« Last Edit: 19 January 2006, 18:15 by Tim-Mk2 »
Tim.
Golf Mk2 1.3 Ryder

Checkout my Mk2[/b]

Offline Tim-Mk2

• GTI forum regular
  • now extra wide....
« Reply #5 on: 05 November 2005, 20:17 »

5-Nov-2005

well got back and im chuffed to pieces with the alloys! but there were things i didnt expect!

1.the alloys wernt azevs but sigmas
2. as some azevs are flat with the lip these have got an inch lip before the spokes!!

fitted them but was dark by the time i finnished!

also as i was there i picked up a set of clear side repeaters and some standered Big bumper indicaors as mine didnt have the bit that held the bulb!
all is now wired in and workin!

will take some pics tommorow in the light!

Enjoy!  :smiley:
Tim.
Golf Mk2 1.3 Ryder

Checkout my Mk2[/b]

Offline Tim-Mk2

• GTI forum regular
  • now extra wide....
« Reply #6 on: 06 November 2005, 19:21 »
6-Nov-2005

well went out today and took some pics! :grin:

sorry there not the best quality as there off my phone  :rolleyes: will gewt better 1's soon with me digi camera!

Next mod i think is going to have to be some 60mm shocks and springs but then after that im not sure!
I dont know what route to take!
either:  1. leave the arches the way they are
           2. Get some GTI arches
           3. save up and get tome G60 arches!

« Last Edit: 19 January 2006, 18:18 by Tim-Mk2 »
Tim.
Golf Mk2 1.3 Ryder

Checkout my Mk2[/b]

Offline Tim-Mk2

• GTI forum regular
  • now extra wide....
« Reply #7 on: 13 November 2005, 17:35 »

13-Nov-2005

havent dome much to my car recently :sad:!
car will be going to a garage tommorow to get all the body work tidyed up and just finnishing up and also going for a full service!

will kep you up today how it goes and take some pics tommoro!

Tim.  :smiley:
Tim.
Golf Mk2 1.3 Ryder

Checkout my Mk2[/b]

Offline Tim-Mk2

• GTI forum regular
  • now extra wide....
« Reply #8 on: 14 November 2005, 19:42 »
14-Nov-2005

well the car went to the garage today to get a full service and every fillter change and im getting them to rplace my tappets and also geting them to take out my middle box and reweld my back bo to make a straight through system of sorts! Also they think that my cam shaft maybe worn and ive been offered a polo GT cam thats a direct replacement that i think ill take up hiss offer!
also gettin some m3 crystal rearlights and some 40mm springs in 2 weeks so its all good at the mo!

some recent pics!

Enjoy!  :smiley:

Tim.
« Last Edit: 19 January 2006, 18:19 by Tim-Mk2 »
Tim.
Golf Mk2 1.3 Ryder

Checkout my Mk2[/b]

Offline Tim-Mk2

• GTI forum regular
  • now extra wide....
« Reply #9 on: 16 November 2005, 21:32 »

16-Nov-2005

Well was on the phone to the garage....

well to be honest its really not good news! theve flushed the system out and put new oil in after finding anti freeze in the last lot which explains the water leak! they also sed that my head gasket is on the way out and that my car was only running on 3 cylinders! well they replaced with fresh oil and the oil was just squirting out the cylinders rite past the piston! I know that alot of peeps wont trust garages but they owners of this garage are really close friends of mine and theyve sed with al honesty that its not worth reparing and it would be worth finding a reconditioned 1.3 engine!

so PLEASE IF ANY! HAS A GOOD CONDITION 1.3 THEN PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get in contact with me!!!
email me at timej_1@hotmail.com!!!!!!!!!

ill keep updates on the progress!

but i suppose there is an upside to this all happening! It means that I can take it off the road for a while and when i get an engine it means i can speant some time uprating parts!

will keep informed!

Tim. :sad:
Tim.
Golf Mk2 1.3 Ryder

Checkout my Mk2[/b]