Author Topic: Part number or name please  (Read 2160 times)

jockgti

Part number or name please
« on: 14 June 2011, 22:58 »
any idea what the pipe is that runs from the side of the steering rack and goes up under the air box somewhere is called? is it to do with power steering? as mines burst noticed it when fitting silicone hoses,stuff dripping from it.small metal pipe joining hose and a banjo bolt kinda thing to cheers for any help.

jockgti

Re: Part number or name please
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2011, 23:25 »
think this might be the wee bugger,1J0422893GM,number 5 in the picture i think
http://etka.auto2.ru/epc/cat/vw/GOLF/2001/203/52/2444073/

Offline AaronGS

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2011, 10:45 »
That link doesn't show a pic but it does sound like the power steering lines. is the fluid thin and green? maybe worth checking the power steering fluid level - its the little resevoir with the green lid, near the coolant resevoir.

jockgti

« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2011, 12:31 »
Shows a pic if I click it,anyway I'll need to check again later to make sure its the right one as phoned vw and they want 135 +vat for it

jockgti

« Reply #4 on: 15 June 2011, 21:33 »
ok so had it checked at a garage to make sure and it is that hose,have i picked the right one for my aum engine code? and some on etka have stuff about air con but the only aum one doesn't say about air con so i'm a little confused any help would be greatly appreciated and also what roughly do you think it would cost to get it fitted once bought?