Author Topic: New email from VW  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
New email from VW
« on: 14 April 2021, 11:36 »
Hi guys, I'm sure like many, quite a few will have received an email this week regarding the termination of the VW Car_Net / We Connect web portal on the 27th of this month, and replaced with the new myVolkswagen site. Normally I just delete these sort of mails as they have limited interest to me, but I thought I'd click on it anyway.

Whilst the car view is quite nice and shows a pretty accurate representation of your actual car (colour, type, wheels etc) and 7 different angled views, the one thing that I noticed was off to the side, where it said "Go to vehicle equipment". Clicking on this brings up all the build details for the car (not just your chosen options, but everything the car was built with), and actually for once, does look quite interesting. There's pages of the stuff. Thought I'd post it here in case anyone else was interested.

Main screen

Build Details
« Last Edit: 14 April 2021, 11:41 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: New email from VW
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2021, 11:52 »
Haven't had an email.  :sad:

I rarely used car-net though. However this looks interesting.
7.5 GTD

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2021, 12:58 »
I haven't seen the email yet and I use the Car-Net app a lot, especially the website for planning journeys and getting the details sent to the car ready for when I set off.

App still working and the website doesn't have any warning up.

« Last Edit: 14 April 2021, 13:09 by Rudedog »
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2021, 14:01 »
Weirdly I've just received the email....

Not all bad really, the only thing that's coming to an end is the web portal, all of the current services will still be available through the Car-Net/We-Connect app or the new myVolkswagen website (which seems to be a copy of the old website).

I've tried looking at my car's build but it currently says that this isn't available for my car, not sure why?

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2021, 11:55 »
Just for interest I also put in the details for my 2007 Touran, but you don't get a proper picture, just a generic Golf.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2021, 11:58 »
Maybe it's just for the later models that they have in their database ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 19 April 2021, 12:09 »
Do you have to add the car details on? Does the info not just migrate from weconnect?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.