Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316566 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1080 on: 25 June 2013, 14:01 »
I just hope all these BW32ers being bumped to BW33 aren't bumping my BW33 status to BW34.  :laugh:

Gryzor: If yours is at the dealership for Aug 28th, would you wait 3 days for the new plate or take it there and then?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #1081 on: 25 June 2013, 14:03 »
No spec changes and ordered in March. The dealer gave no reason only that he was shocked. I'm glad the value of my car is guaranteed. I'm quids in (think of the positives) :smiley:

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1082 on: 25 June 2013, 14:28 »
I just hope all these BW32ers being bumped to BW33 aren't bumping my BW33 status to BW34.  :laugh:

Gryzor: If yours is at the dealership for Aug 28th, would you wait 3 days for the new plate or take it there and then?

Well..I'm getting a private plate put on it, so from that point of view it makes no difference, and nor does it really affect the residuals.  Right now I'd say no, I'd pick it up as soon as possible.  But, if it came to it and I literally only had to wait 3 more days to officially claim it as a 63 plate car, I may think differently! :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1083 on: 25 June 2013, 14:33 »
But, if it came to it and I literally only had to wait 3 more days to officially claim it as a 63 plate car, I may think differently! :grin:

You're thinking like a miserly GTD owner there! :whistle:

If mine is built in week 33 it will be a close call - but if a 2 week delivery is possible/likely then i'll be in that boat and i'll wait (not getting a private plate - so that new plate feeling needs to be exploited  :evil:)
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1084 on: 25 June 2013, 15:18 »

Remind me what you were estimated before this confirmed came through?

People keep posting their new confirmed dates and I'm pulling my hair out trying to find what their estimates were to see if everyone is bumping forward or back the same amount! haha

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1085 on: 25 June 2013, 16:58 »
I've had a couple of missed calls from my dealership today which i've returned and am just waiting for him to get back to me now, here's hoping although the tracker still says processing! :whistle:

Edit: he's just got back and it's gone to BW35 from 40 still unconfirmed but good news none the less!! :)
« Last Edit: 25 June 2013, 17:32 by Jimble »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1086 on: 25 June 2013, 17:32 »
I've had a couple of missed calls from my dealership today which i've returned and am just waiting for him to get back to me now, here's hoping although the tracker still says processing! :whistle:

Argh!  I saw yor post James and thought, oh good, maybe I'll get an update soon too (since we have similar spec and BW).  Seems like everyone else has heard something recently be it the good news of their car being in transit, or the not so good but still good news of a confirmed BW around 33.

Well, just a few minutes ago I got an email from my dealer. :shocked:  Excitement begins to flow!  What wondrous, or terrible, things might be awaiting within this message?  I opened it... guess what?

My contact at the dealer wishes to inform me they are going on maternity leave.  Dammit!  I was expecting news!  NEWS! :angry:

Ah well, back to the endless wait then. :sad:

EDIT: Just say you jumped forward 5 weeks! Awesome bet you're pretty chuffed with that.  I emailed my new contact at the dealer to 'nudge' them.  They always say they'll let me know as soon as they know but its impossible to sit here knowing nothing while so many people are getting updates!
« Last Edit: 25 June 2013, 17:44 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1087 on: 25 June 2013, 18:08 »
Pretty pleased tbh, it basically means i should get the car just a couple of weeks later than i originally wanted it anyway which was the 1st of sept, assuming it doesn't move again that is but my salesman reckons it'll probably stay there now so fingers crossed! :smiley:

Need to start thinking about putting my reg on retention ready for the new one, i've already asked if he'll put my pressed plates on for me? :smug:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #1088 on: 25 June 2013, 18:17 »
Yeah that's what I want too... Just after 1st sept!  My dealer didn't get back to me and they will have knocked off for the day now.  I'm gonna be so fed up if everyone has moved forward and I'm the only one left on BW39-40.  They keep saying they'll know the instant there is an update and will tell me immediately but somehow I just can't trust it.  If everyone else is eating an update I can't believe I'm not getting one too! :huh:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1089 on: 25 June 2013, 19:13 »
If everyone else is eating an update I can't believe I'm not getting one too! :huh:

What does an update taste like then?  :wink: :lipsrsealed:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....