Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316719 times)

Running Man

Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #920 on: 13 June 2013, 14:46 »
:whistle: mate, you'll get your car one day and when you have it, you may look back and realise you wasted a lot of time stressing over something that was out of your control and influence.  Relax.......deep breath...I'm worried about you.  Take care buddy  :wink:

:whistle: mate, you'll stop making these kind of posts one day and when you do, you may look back and realise you wasted a lot of time telling others how they should behave which is out of your control and influence.  Relax.......deep breath...Understand that your posts are coming across as patronising, and that is unhelpful.  Take care buddy  :wink:

This should be renamed Bear & Boy's forum :grin:

Relax boy's you clearly are listening to me  :whistle:

All the best boys anyway :wink:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #921 on: 13 June 2013, 14:52 »

This must be some ingenious joke that I'm too thick to follow. :undecided:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #922 on: 13 June 2013, 14:54 »

This must be some ingenious joke that I'm too thick to follow. :undecided:

I think RunningMan is a sandwich short of a picnic so I wouldn't worry what he says Bear!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #923 on: 13 June 2013, 15:08 »
Well I'm going to forgo posting anything further in this thread for today in the hopes that the situation will become de-flamed...

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #924 on: 13 June 2013, 16:47 »
I have ordered the winter pack also with cloth seats.  I looked on VW configurator today to check if it is still available with cloth seats.  It seems there are 2 options.  Winter Pack with Leather and just plain old Winter Pack.  So it seems you can get Winter Pack still with Cloth Seats. 

They really need to set in stone the options available in the UK and leave it at that.  Things keep changing all the time, I haven't even got my car yet. 

I am still on Build Week 34.  The week has not budged in a while since I was initially told Week 22 a month or two ago, so fingers crossed it stays at Week 34 or moves to an earlier date which I doubt. 

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #925 on: 13 June 2013, 17:03 »
So it seems you can get Winter Pack still with Cloth Seats.

Correct.  Although why anyone would pick winter pack with leather is unclear since all it gets you are heated washer nozzles, which are apparently useless because the supply lines to them are not heated and will become frozen anyway...  VW aren't in a hurry to explain this to customers though.  I had to explicitly point it out to my dealer who was happy to read out the description and price as if it was a bargain.  Was only when I asked why I should pay £350 or whatever the MY14 cost now is just for washer jets that they seemed to click that it might not be good value. :laugh:

They really need to set in stone the options available in the UK and leave it at that.  Things keep changing all the time, I haven't even got my car yet.

Agreed, its not like it would take them much time to fix it either!

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #926 on: 13 June 2013, 17:41 »
If you don't laugh you will cry.  I choose to laugh at the moment.  It is getting so bad now I am even waiting for the Jacky Keyring I ordered over a month ago from the VW accessories store.  It's a keyring which stated 10 days to deliver and I still have to wait for it this long after I ordered it (well over a month).  So everything I have ordered from VW I am waiting for with no idea of when it will be delivered, both car and keyring alike. 

Honda were not at all like this when i ordered the limited edition Type-R championship white. They only made 600+ and It was a breeze ordering and getting dates fixed as I ordered.  Then all I had to do was go in on the day and pick it up. Also it only took 3 months from order to delivery.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #927 on: 13 June 2013, 17:45 »
LOL, didn't know there was a delay on keyrings too!  Maybe they are saving delivering it until your car is ready...

Which one did you get?  Can't see a GTI keyring on the VW site.

Running Man

« Reply #928 on: 13 June 2013, 17:56 »
So it seems you can get Winter Pack still with Cloth Seats.

Correct.  Although why anyone would pick winter pack with leather is unclear since all it gets you are heated washer nozzles, which are apparently useless because the supply lines to them are not heated and will become frozen anyway...  VW aren't in a hurry to explain this to customers though.  I had to explicitly point it out to my dealer who was happy to read out the description and price as if it was a bargain.  Was only when I asked why I should pay £350 or whatever the MY14 cost now is just for washer jets that they seemed to click that it might not be good value. :laugh:

I would listen to bill, he is very knowledgable

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #929 on: 13 June 2013, 18:30 »
I ordered the GTI Jacky Keyring.  However on you saying you could not see it anywhere, I just had a look online and....   

...Oh great it has now been taken off of VW Online Store.  Bloody marvellous.  I so want my GTI or anything I have ordered from VW but I am getting severely tempted to buy a Honda Type-R again next time after the GTI I have on order.  I have never known anything so vague. 

I am now going to ask for my money back from the VW store for the Key Fob and order it from USA. They have hundreds of the Jacky GTI Key Fobs in store.  Why is VW UK so ill equipped at present.  The GTI is such a potentially great car being tainted with uncertainty and vagueness of orders.