Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 319219 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #880 on: 11 June 2013, 15:26 »
I wonder which term in your contract allows VW to cancel if they think you're complaining too much?  I'd be having a careful look.

They always have a get out of jail free term that is so broad to allow them to cancel for any reason they like.  Really pisses me off about big companies.  They want a term in there so they can always pull out with no consequences, yet they put in as much as possible to shaft you if you want to pull out.  Even if you leaving would be justified, and them leaving would not be.

Anyway, I will take matchboy's warning and resist the temptation to write to VW.  However, threatening a customer like this is hardly improving their image!  And didn't you just write a glowing review of the GTI which they retweeted matchboy?  How is it they publicise your opinions when they are positive about VW, but use threats to shut you up when they are negative?

Too much power.  Seriously, regulators should be stopping this kind of behaviour.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #881 on: 11 June 2013, 15:48 »
so your dealer has complained about your complaining.

boy do they know how to sell cars.

would you consider their complaining as intimidating or threatening.

I'm sure dealers have a code of conduct to comply with and I would be suprised if this encourages complaining about a complainee( if there is such a word)
I didn't feel intimidated BUT I was shocked that they could do that, or at least had threatened to.  It certainly put me in my place as it were.

To be fair to the dealer though, once I explained to him that I hadn't complained and that I was only after a reason why my provisional BW had gone from 28 to 26 and also why it still wasn't confirmed (even now!) he agreed with me that he would have done the same thing.  I do not have an issue with my dealer, he has been great.  Which is why I'm using them after my last GTI.  My issue is with VW; I have never been rude or abusive to them, you don't get anywhere being like that.  But VW UK told me in an email that my order was BW26 & highly unlikely to change - then it changed to BW28 and I wanted to know why, from them. 

Basically VW don't like the hassle.  So they tried to pass the buck onto the dealer, which is not the issue.  Deal with it, if you mess people around then they will want to know why!  All anyone on here is asking for is clarity.

Still, once I get my car this will be a distant memory.  Unfortunately these companies hold all the cards and there's not a lot you can do.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #882 on: 11 June 2013, 18:10 »
Build week 22 to 27 to 35 if lucky,what a shambles :angry:,if I continue with the order I think this will be the last VW I buy
« Last Edit: 11 June 2013, 18:19 by simonpolly »
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #883 on: 11 June 2013, 18:24 »
I just got an email from my retailer informing me that my provisional build week has been brought forward from 38 to 32...a step in the right direction at least.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #884 on: 11 June 2013, 18:37 »
I just got an email from my retailer informing me that my provisional build week has been brought forward from 38 to 32...a step in the right direction at least.

I got a phone call from VW sales Manager the salesman was to scared to ring me  :grin:,i placed my order on the 31/3/13 when did you place yours ?

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #885 on: 11 June 2013, 18:39 »

I got a phone call from VW sales Manager the salesman was to scared to ring me  :grin:,i placed my order on the 31/3/13 when did you place yours ?

Early April, but I did change the spec a bit afterwards.

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #886 on: 11 June 2013, 18:49 »
The worrying thing is I don't have any faith in VW and I expect the dates to change again and for the worst,i have kept my order the same as the day I placed it so I don't understand how they could get it so wrong. :sad: Bunch of muppets  25 weeks from order to delivery

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #887 on: 11 June 2013, 18:58 »
Yup, it's a complete and utter joke, and I say that to VW and my dealer every time I speak to them.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #888 on: 11 June 2013, 19:09 »
Build week 32 wouldn't that be during the factory shut down :undecided:

Running Man

« Reply #889 on: 11 June 2013, 19:21 »
Word of warning re: complaining.  My dealer mentioned yesterday that VW were unhappy about my level of chatter on twitter/email regarding my order.  So much so that they were considering cancelling it  :shocked:

Now, I don't believe they would go this far.  Especially as I have never been abusive/rude/moany on twitter or via email.  I've only asked why the delay on my order, why the provisional BW keeps changing and why I cannot be given a confirmed BW.  I believe it to be scare tactics to stop me harassing them.  Thing is, its sort of worked - as last thing I want is to have my order cancelled.  So, from now on (and call me a p7ssy if you so wish! :laugh:) I'm going to leave them alone and take my car when it comes.  Unless of course they change my BW again in which case I will become a keyboard warrier  :evil:

The point being therefore is this: they don't give a flying f7ck whether orders are delayed/wrong etc etc.  Because there is always someone else wanting to take the car.  And you get it when you get it.

And as much as I do not like being in the dark regarding delivery times, especially with such a large purchase, I am going to keep schtum for the time being in terms of corresponding with them.

(I'm calling myself a p7ssy right now  :laugh:)

I warned you and all the other moaners about this before you spat at me.

It is what it is for all GTI 7 orders, be patient or take your custom somewhere else  :wink: