Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316632 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #870 on: 11 June 2013, 13:21 »
why dont we find out if vw germany have a twitter page or the head of vw in germany has a twitter page?

Or his email address.

Or far far better yet his postal address.  A series of polite and purely factual letters from a set of unhappy customers would be the best way to make him sit up and take note.

Shall I draft a template? :whistle:

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #871 on: 11 June 2013, 13:47 »
I also think it's important to note that if anyone who cancels their expects VW to mourn, then think again. They can't make enough cars as it is, so cancelations won't effect them.

Now, my current car goes back on the 6th of July, so I am off to arrange a short term lease with someone while I wait for my GTD in September / October.  :whistle:
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #872 on: 11 June 2013, 14:28 »
why dont we find out if vw germany have a twitter page or the head of vw in germany has a twitter page?

Or his email address.

Or far far better yet his postal address.  A series of polite and purely factual letters from a set of unhappy customers would be the best way to make him sit up and take note.

Shall I draft a template? :whistle:
Yeah why not. We just want some basic information of how things are what they are. Whats the hold up etc, why do we get different information from VW UK. Its not doing the brand any favours with existing customers or prospective customers.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #873 on: 11 June 2013, 14:33 »
Just to update everyone on my GTD.

I called my dealer today to add the climate windscreen to my build. An hour later my sales guy called me back, saying that my car has been allocated a build slot, and unfortunately that they cannot make alterations at this stage. This falls in line with the courtesy call from him 11 days ago advising me it would be getting a build week soon.

My order tracker is still saying "Order Processing". So it might be that your guys' online tracker just hasn't been updated yet, as it seems mine hasn't.
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #874 on: 11 June 2013, 15:00 »
Word of warning re: complaining.  My dealer mentioned yesterday that VW were unhappy about my level of chatter on twitter/email regarding my order.  So much so that they were considering cancelling it  :shocked:

Now, I don't believe they would go this far.  Especially as I have never been abusive/rude/moany on twitter or via email.  I've only asked why the delay on my order, why the provisional BW keeps changing and why I cannot be given a confirmed BW.  I believe it to be scare tactics to stop me harassing them.  Thing is, its sort of worked - as last thing I want is to have my order cancelled.  So, from now on (and call me a p7ssy if you so wish! :laugh:) I'm going to leave them alone and take my car when it comes.  Unless of course they change my BW again in which case I will become a keyboard warrier  :evil:

The point being therefore is this: they don't give a flying f7ck whether orders are delayed/wrong etc etc.  Because there is always someone else wanting to take the car.  And you get it when you get it.

And as much as I do not like being in the dark regarding delivery times, especially with such a large purchase, I am going to keep schtum for the time being in terms of corresponding with them.

(I'm calling myself a p7ssy right now  :laugh:)
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Jules Winfield

« Reply #875 on: 11 June 2013, 15:11 »
I wonder which term in your contract allows VW to cancel if they think you're complaining too much?  I'd be having a careful look.

Offline Lagerlout

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #876 on: 11 June 2013, 15:14 »
I suspect if they did cancel your order, you may have quite a bit more to say on twitter etc afterwards?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #877 on: 11 June 2013, 15:18 »
If it was cancelled, yes I would be having a serious look at the contract!

Also, yes, I would be going to town on twitter if they'd cancelled it.  Fortunately this is not happening!  :smiley:

Clearly they are not happy about people asking questions and highlighting the delay in orders.  The simple answer to this is to avoid delays in the first place!  :rolleyes:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline casablanca3

• Just got here
« Reply #878 on: 11 June 2013, 15:20 »
so your dealer has complained about your complaining.

boy do they know how to sell cars.

would you consider their complaining as intimidating or threatening.

I'm sure dealers have a code of conduct to comply with and I would be suprised if this encourages complaining about a complainee( if there is such a word)

Offline Chriscav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #879 on: 11 June 2013, 15:24 »
VW UK are great arent they?  :rolleyes: